35

"just hold on"

He was covering his face with his palms while she looked at each and every single picture that was taped onto the wall.

"Why do you have a whole... shrine of me?" Sena asked, keeping a poker face to hide the smile she was about to make.

"It's not a shrine, dumbass. Listen, it was there a long time ago." He excused, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Uhuh. That's even weirder." She said, then something caught her eye.

It was a letter with her handwriting on the wall, an old birthday card stuck on the wall.

Happy Birthday, Riki! You're 13 now and you're almost taller than me :(. Anyway, thank you for being my best friend, love ya.

-sena

"What is that..." She complained, "why did i write like that? My printing was in all different shapes and sizes."

She continued pointing out the flaws from her letter, "oh god, i was seriously so cringy." She whined.

He took off the card from the wall and held it to his chest like he was protecting it, "hey." He glared, "don't make fun of my crush like that." He warned her while frowning.

The girl smiled, "cute." She said in a softly spoken voice, too soft that he couldn't catch what she said.

"I'm going to change." She told him, holding her clothes in her arms before going to the bathroom to change.

Once she was finished, she went back in his room. He was on his bed, staring at a picture.

"Look." He said, motioning her to come over.

She walked towards him, she just realized how cold it was in his room. Her bare legs were forming goosebumps.

The picture was of the both of them, both holding up peace signs while smiling brightly.

He had a bandage on his cheek, Sena's arm was around him so tightly it looked like she was putting him in a head lock.

"Pfft, you've got no teeth." He pointed at her smile in the picture, her teeth were missing.

"You looked like that too at one point." She argued, rolling her eyes before bouncing onto the spot next to him.

His eyes trailed off from the picture to her legs, eyebrows raising in surprise.

"Look at your legs." He said, making her self conscious.

Her legs curled up so she could hug them, attempting to protect them from his eyes, "what...?" She asked quietly.

"I was just going to ask if you were cold, you had crazy goose bumps." He said, getting up from his spot.

He opened his closet, looking for an extra pair of clothes.

"Here, my smallest pair." He gave her black sweatpants, "change."

She took them and changed, returning with really large pants on.

He snickered before she jumped on the bed again, he made some space for her.

It's only 9:30, the two didn't plan on sleeping soon.

It did seem like they were on good terms, but there was a lot of bad air they needed to clear.

"Wanna go out?" Niki asked. Sena quickly jumped into conclusions which left her in a blushing mess.

"L-like... what do you mean-"

"Like, outside. Do you wanna go outside?" He asked genuinely, he didn't understand what else she would take it for. If he did, he'd definitely be embarrassed himself.