33

"banana milkshake"

"You've gotta come, please!!" Jina begged. The three were trying to persuade the girl to come to some outing.

Sena didn't realize that her friends quickly got close to some of the players on the basketball team after a few days.

Because she was too busy noticing Niki and Jiwon's relationship going well.

Or maybe it just looked like that.

Her and Niki haven't talked at all for the past few days, and even if they were partners, they just worked individually. Slowly waiting for who had the guts to speak to the other.

Jiwon would come to their classroom every lunchtime when Niki didn't have practice, they'd leave elsewhere or they'd eat in the class room together.

The more she stared, the more her chest tightened in jealousy. So she just didn't stare.

But in reality, Niki wasn't happy at all.

Even his friends noticed something off about him.

In class, he didn't pay attention at all. He wouldn't speak when he was told to, and the drawings he doodled became more depressing.

"What is up with you dude?" Jay asked, they were all worried. He barely even ate lunch anymore.

Niki didn't answer, just continued drawing harshly before the ink on his pen exploded and dripped onto his paper.

"Oh." He murmured.

He watched as the blue ink soaked through the pages of his school notebook. His eyes didn't leave the ink, it was so blue...

And once it painted the page, the blue became not as dark. Light blue, like cotton candy.

Or he was just imagining it.

But then, he got interrupted by paper towel slamming onto his notebook, Jake and Jungwon were cleaning up his mess while Jay flicked his forehead.

"I don't know what's wrong with you, but you better figure it out because were all going out to hangout after school." Jay said, "and your coming."

Jake sighed, "you can bring your girlfriend if you want. We don't care, there's girls coming anyway."

"Yup, and you better fix your attitude," jungwon warned, "unless you want you're bestfriend to see you all somber and gloomy like this." He whispered

That was enough for Niki to straighten up. He always knew Jungwon had an eye for observing things but not to this extent.

Jungwon definitely knew something was up between Sena and Niki.

"What do you mean?" He asked with a worried expression.

"We decided to celebrate the team's victory with all your friends, and some of ours too, of course." Jay winked at the rest.

"No, i didn't agree to this... don't do this to me." Niki pleaded with a brittle voice.

They looked at him in confusion, he looked as if he was about to cry but they just ignored it.

"Niki, you'll be fine. Jiwon'll be right next to you, what's the problem?" Jake asked cluelessly.

Niki just didn't reply, he gave up. If he had a clock to speed up time so that the hangout would be over, than it'd be all right. But he didn't.

And soon enough, it was time. Jiwon stood next to Niki outside of school while they watched the others group together and chatter.

He felt out of place, he could even see Sena. The girl he's been longing to speak to. He hasn't gone two or more days without speaking to her since 11 years ago. Which was before he even met her.