21

"replaced?"

Not having to wake up extra early since Jongmi is now out of the way, and Sena being less anxious about being seen with Niki, they walked to school together.

Just like they used to.

Of course, at school it wasn't entirely the same as before.

No basketball practice today, meaning Niki could stay in class and eat his lunch peacefully.

A bit later, someone came across their classroom. It was hakun, and since Niki's seat was near the class door, he tapped Niki on the shoulder.

"Hakun? What's up?" Niki asked, doing a quick handshake with him.

Hakun's eyes pointed at Sena with a smirk, "just wanted to say hi."

"Pfft, to her?" He asked, stifling a laugh.

"Yeah, call her over here." Hakun smiled.

Niki nodded, slowly looking back at Sena's direction as she laughed with food stuffed in her cheek with her friends. Always holding a hand over her mouth as a habit.

He clenched his jaw and just sighed, "Sena!" He called.

Turning around swiftly, she looked at him in confusion, then finally noticing Hakun.

She almost choked on her food and Niki rolled his eyes, continuing to eat his lunch while talking with his other friends.

Sena stood up and slowly walked over to Hakun, they went out in the halls to converse.

"Are they dating?" Jake wondered.

Niki lifted his head up, "probably, soon i bet."

They all shared laughs whilst Niki stared at his food blankly, not as hungry anymore.

When she returned, she had a big smile on her face but she tried to not make it obvious.

It was obvious to him though.

Shoving his unfinished lunch into his bag, he decided to go to the bathroom. But on his way as he turned the corner, he saw Hakun talking to an unfamiliar girl.

He immediately turned back and went against the wall, hoping he wasn't seen.

"Thank you, kun. you're so sweet~" the girl said softly.

"It's nothing. I'll see ya later" he said, ruffling her hair.

Finally letting out his breath once they left, he thought about what just happened.

Hakun, talking to a girl?

It wasn't unusual, i mean, niki found out later about how well known Hakun was among their grade. But, knowing Hakun said himself that he found Sena cute, it was just weird seeing him with a different girl.

Their conversation sounded quite flirty too...

Niki shook his head, trying not to overthink.

But still, if Sena knew he found her cute, she'd take that really seriously.

And if she saw him speaking to someone else, she'd also take that seriously and probably stop talking to him completely. A "homewrecker" was not a title she wanted to have.

The boy decided to turn back instead of going to the bathroom, he got interrupted by them anyway which somehow changed his mind about going.

.

Next day at practice, Niki walked up to Hakun. The fact that he saw him talking to some other girl kept getting to him. It'd make things harder to get Sena and him together.

"Hey, we should all hangout again. I'm thinking of a carnival or a movie, you know?" Niki suggested.

Hakun turned to the boy, "oh, uh yeah. That'd be cool, when?"

"Wednesday?"

Hakun nodded and they continued playing ball for the rest of lunch.

On the other hand, Sena was talking to her friends about what conversation she had with Hakun last night.

"Yup, yup. We talked about what we want to be when we're older." She laughed, "and remember when i told you it was awkward that day i hungout with him? I think it's getting better now."

Micha yawned, "thats... great!" She said sarcastically

Jina nudged the girl, "it is." she said, giving micha a threatening look.

After that day at the park, micha and garam told jina about the news. So, they all know, except Sena.

Garam sighed? "But, do you really trust that guy?" She asked

"What do you mean?" Sena stared suspiciously.

"Mm... well i don't know. I'm just wondering since us three don't really know Hakun that well." She responded while scratching her nape awkwardly.

"Oh. Well i mean of course? He's nice to me." She laughed it off.

Innocent looks from Sena were all to be seen, she didn't understand why she wouldn't trust Hakun. Was there a reason for her not to?

Whatever, it didn't matter to her.

Niki

After school, Hakun passed by the hall and stopped Sena right as she was about to leave school.

"Hey, i'm thinking about going to the carnival with you, niki and I on Wednesday, what do you think?" He asked, peaking over his shoulder to look at me.

I just slowly put a thumbs up before gripping the straps of my bag then walking by the two.

"Hey." I feel a hand wrap around my wrist, i look back to see Sena.

Jesus, what's she doing? isn't she worried about people around?

My eyes follow up from her, to her shoulder. Hakun's arm wrapped around her. Skin-ship seems very casual between the two, huh.

Maybe that's why she's not afraid to interact with me right now, because Hakun's with her too, so it doesn't seem weird.

She finished, "you're coming to the carnival too, right?" She asked.

I looked around, many people in the halls but they were all minding their own business and rushing to get home.

"Yeah, i planned it-"

Shit, I shouldn't say that.

"I planned on going, so yeah." I saved myself.

Letting go, i looked at the two. So friendly now. Maybe she wasn't joking about the "that'll change." bullshit.

Pfft. Why do i care? It's not like i'm jealous or anything.

... am i?

I quickly say bye and head home.

Something about that conversation last night really messed with my head, it's been so long since we've had a conversation like that.

Yet it was brushed off like nothing.

It seems like i'm the only one still thinking about it.

I wonder if she'd begin having those type of conversations with Hakun instead.

What if he's way better at cheering her up, making her laugh, teasing her.

But, whatever. That's a good thing right?

I just feel like i haven't gotten the chance to show her how i can cheer her up, make her smile and get her annoyed.

Because it was always her doing those things to me.

The thought of being replaced...

I didn't like it.

hm.