Chapter 8

"Ah.." the soldier groaned as he opened his eyes. At the same time he was shocked to see the faces of three people peeking above him.

"He regained consciousness."

"Uhh.. he's so handsome.."

"Aish noona.."

The soldier looked at the three in turn, trying to understand what they were saying. Having been in Korea for more than a year, he can speak some Korean.

One of the three is very young.. a boy about fifteen years old. The other is a boy about sixteen years old. The other is a little older girl. He thought all three were very beautiful.

"Ehem.. Can you tell me where... Ugh!" He tried to get up but he was moaning in pain from the corner of his stomach.

"Be careful." The girl quickly helped him sit up.

"Thank you. I wanted to ask where I am? What happened to me?"

"You're at gukie's house. When I found you, you were lying on the side of the road. You had bruises and wounds all over your body. There was a bullet in your abdomen. So we removed it and treated all your wounds.You regained consciousness about a day later. "

"Ah then, are you a doctor?" When the soldier asked, the others shook their heads, signaling no.

"Then how did you guys treat me? You even said that you removed the bullet."

"Yeah, there's a doctor we know called Jung seokjinie. We asked from him and treated you. I'm the one who treated you."

"Please noona... you went to get the bullet out and cried that you can't cut his skin with a knife, remember?"

"So are you, chim. I pulled the bullet when you were both scared." The other boy interrupted this time.

"However, we remember how you fainted when you saw the blood on you after the bullet was taken out, gukie."

The soldier looked at the faces of the three in turn, thanking God that he was still alive.

"Ah.. OK I understand. Thank you all three. But can you guys tell me where I am? I need to go back soon."

"Aren't you a member of the British Army? You're on the North Korean border. They fought and captured our city, so it's dangerous for you to leave at this time." The girl replied.

"Well, let's see. I'm Tevan. Tevan Carlton. Twenty seven years old.." Tevan introduced him.

"My name is park yoonhi. I'm twenty one years old. This is my brother." Yoonhi said so, pointing to the boy next to her who looked like about sixteen years old.

"I'm Park min. Yoonhi is my only noona. I'm nineteen."

"I'm Jeongguk... seventeen years old." said the little boy with the innocent doe eyes.

"Oh! I didn't think you were at least fifteen years old." As tevan said the little one glared at him.

"Can we call you tae?" Min asked.

"Call me whatever you want. Your name is min, isn't it?"

"Yeah... But almost everyone calls me Chim. You call me chim too."

"Ah, hmm ok .. ugh.. can you bring me some water?" Tae asked as he sat up with difficulty.

"Gukie, bring some water to hyung, baby." As yoonhi said gukie went away sulking.

"Hey, you're at gukie's house, because he is living alone. It's not a good idea for you to go out right now because you are a british soldier. We brought you to gukie's house because our eomma and appa are at home. And our gukie doesn't like to be with anyone. So it is better not to be offended if he says something rude." Yoonhi explained.

Yoonhi was the first to see tae lying on the road and inform her brother. Then the two of them got together and took him to the house of their best friend gukie. Gukie didn't like the idea first, but in the end, because of yoonhi's insistence, he agreed to let tae stay in his house.

"Okay, I understand. As soon as the wound heals, I'll try to get out of here somehow. Thank you all three for your help until then."

"Aish it's okay. Noona, appa will be home soon. So it's time for us to go, shall we?" Chim looked around and saw that it was getting dark outside so he asked to go home.

"Yeah yeah idiot.. let's go. Tae oppa I'll be right back to see you.. bye." As they were about to leave, gukie came with a glass of water.

"Gukie, baby we're leaving. Take care of hyung okay..." When yoonhi said that and ran out with chim, gukie's face reddened with anger.

He stomped his foot and gave the glass of water to tae. When he found out that the boy was angry, tae took the water glass in his hand without saying anything. Actually, gukie wasn't angry... don't get him wrong. Gukie likes to help people. But no one wants to have trouble. All this trouble was because his noona couldn't leave this handsome man on the road. And if appa comes in all of a sudden, gukie is screwed. But he didn't think much of it because it wasn't going to happen.

"Yummy.. Thank you.." Tae said and handed the glass of water back to gukie.

"Yummy ??? water ???" Gukie looked at tae with wide eyes as if he was looking at an alien creature.

"Ah, oh! Yeah, the water here is better than the water in England." Tae said grinning, blaming himself for his stupidity.

"Oh.. ahjussi can stay in that room for now." Gukie said so and pointed to a small room.

"Ahjussi ??" Tae was a little upset. Yeah, the boy is so young. But.. god, he is not that old.

"Yeah, ahjussi.. you're ten years older than me. Eomma told me to call those people ahjussi." Gukie said with both hands on his hips.

"But kid.. I'm not old enough to called as ahjussi. You can call me hyung or oppa." Gukie's cheeks turned red when he said that. It wasn't because he was ashamed but angry.. Okay, maybe gukie felt a little embarrassed when he said that.

"Are you mad? Why should i call you oppa? Appa is right. Western people are weird." When gukie yelled, tae looked at him wondering why he was so angry. 'Isn't oppa and hyung mean brother? So why did this little one get angry when I said that?' Tae thought.

"Um.. is there something wrong with what I said?" Gukie looked at tae as he asked pouting a little. 'Shameless' That's what gukie's mind said.

"Yes.. do I look like a girl to you?"

"Yeah, you're so pretty like a girl... but i know you're a bo..." Tae interrupted gukie and went on to say what he really meant. With his bambi eyes, baby cheeks, wavy hair that covered half of his eyes, naturally pouty lips and adorable look.. he was really pretty like a doll. That's why he said it. But he was taken aback when gukie took the glass in his hand and hit it on the floor. Without even thinking about his injury, tae gulped and lifted both legs up the bench. Then gukie stormed out from there and after a while tae heard the sound of a door slamming shut.

"My gosh, he is like a peppercorn, even though he is small he is scary. Tae slowly got up telling to himself. Feeling his body hurts everywhere, tae walked with difficulty to the room where gukie had been shown. He took the mattress folded on one side of it and stretched it out on the floor and laid down. He quickly fell asleep because of the pain.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

~To be continued~

5/3/2022