Chapter 16

Gukie's appa went to bathe while gukie is cooking. When he had finished bathing, he went to his room, the room gukie had given to tae, to find a shirt to wear. That's when he saw a.....

A uniform belonging to the British Army.

"Guckie... come here." Gukie gasped at appa's voice. He quickly ran to him.

"Appa?"

"Whose is this?" As appa growled, gukie gulped in fear.

"A..ppa.."

"I told you to speak straight without stuttering. You need to talk like a man."

Tears welled up in gukie's eyes.

"Are you crying like a girl now? I have told you to behave like a man gukie. But your eomma spoiled you.. that's why you are behaving like this."

"D..don't b..blame her.." Gukie sniffled. He didn't like it when someone blamed his dead eomma.

"Then stay as I say. Now stop crying and answer what I asked.. Whose is this?"

"That.. t.hat.. I.. found it on the road.. I brought it.. because I liked it." Gukie fabricated a lie as best he could. But his appa's face didn't seem to believe the story.

"Then why was my clothes hanging on the clothesline?"

"Ah um.. I.. wore them to see if I could wear them."

"Then why is this room in order? The mattress is lying on the floor.."

"When chim comes, he sleeps here sometimes.. that's why..." Gukie lied with difficulty. Luckily for him, his appa didn't ask anything beyond that.

"Appa.. you want to eat now?"

"Hmm.. I'm coming."

About two days passed. Gukie was terrified because now his appa is looking at things with suspicion. And a lot of loneliness without his tae hyungie.

The same goes for tevan. This is the first time he's been away from gukie after they met. So he was lonely without seeing that face.

"Oppa.." Tae gasped at yoonhi's voice.

"Ah yoonhi.. where is chim??"

"He went to town with appa. I brought oppa's food in the meantime."

"Thank you so much for your help."

"Aigo it's okay.. no need to thank. Friends are there to help at times like this.."

"Hmm.. but thank you so much for that."

"Ok ok.."

"Yoonhi.. Um.. is there any news about.. gukie..?"

"No oppa. We don't go there when gukie's appa is home. His appa is so strict.. so we are scared of him."

"Hmm.. is that so?"

Yoon saw tae's face wither with sadness.

"You love our gukie so much, don't you?"

"Hmm.. Yes yoonhi.. I miss him. I miss him so much."

"But oppa.. your relationship is.. ??"

"I know. It's unconventional, but I can face anything for him that comes my way."

"I'm sorry oppa.. I .. I liked oppa. So that day.. I was very sad to see that.. That's why I didn't come there for a while. But now I understand that oppa really loves gukie."

"I know yoonhi.. thank you both for understanding us."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Appa, when are you going back?" Gukie asked as he handed the food to appa.