Chapter 10

"I helped him to bath because I couldn't stand the smell..." Gukie said as he sat down in a chair in the corner.

"Hey gukie... did you do the work you were given at school?"

"No, who knows when school will start now? Only when this war is over will we be able to live normally again."

"Hmm.. I hope this war will end soon.. I can't wait to see my yuri baby."

"If appa finds out, you'll say goodbye to that girl." Chim frowned as yoonhi said.

"Did you see the newspaper today? I brought it.. Look, we'll not be allowed to walk outside until the military says so." Yoonhi said showing the newspaper.

"Come and see oppa." Yoonhi handed the newspaper to gukie, signaling him to show it to taehyung as well.

"No, I can speak korean but I can't read. I can only write my name with difficulty. I learned korean because I started talking to people here." That's when others remembered he is a foreigner.

"Um... let's do this. We'll teach you how to write korean. You'll teach us your language." Chim suggested.

"Hmm, as we don't have anything to do, let's do it ." Tae agreed.

"Now if the military had told us not to walk outside, you wouldn't have been able to get here."

"The army is not coming into the village, gukie. It's just we can't go to the city. And we are coming from the jungle road, so there will be no problem." Yoonhi answered.

"Okay so shall we play something now?" Gukie jumped up when chim suggested. The two siblings knew in advance that gukie loves playing games. Now tae will knew it too.

"Let's pay Janggi (korean chess), shall we?" Gukie said so and the girl went and brought the board and Janggi pieces.

"Who's first?"

"I don't know how to play. I'll wait and watch." Tae said and sat near them.

"You'll understand it if you watch. Gukie and chim will be the first. I'm going to be the second with oppa. The two winners will be the ones again." Yoonhi suggested but chim didn't like it that much.

"You're cunning, noona. You know no one can beat gukie. That's why you put me with him, right?"

"Yeah... because i'm your elder sister. So you have to do what I say." Yoonhi said that and stuck out her tongue to Chim. Chim sat down in front of gukie, sulking.

Tae watched intently what chim and Guki were doing. It was not a big deal for him to catch it as he could easily remember anything anyway. Less than ten minutes later, Chim started fake crying that he would lose this time too. Gukie's face is smiling.

"Okay, now we two. I will play easily as oppa is still new.."

"No no, it's okay.. I got it. Do your best.. I will try to play well."

"Okay then.." The two began to move the pieces. After a while, gukie realized that tae was winning. As he thought, tae won by surprising the other two.

"Yeah.. this is amazing. Did you lie that you didn't know how to play?" As chim said with wide eyes, tae laughed.

"I'm not usually a liar. I was watching carefully when you and gukie playing. That's all."

"Oppa is a genius then. Okay, so now you can play with our gukie.. No one can beat him."

As yoonhi said, tae couldn't easily beat gukie. The two of them thought very carefully and moved the pieces. Both of them were shoulder to shoulder. But in the end gukie won due to his more experience.