Bathroom Catastrophe part I

Tom P.O.V

A high pitched shriek came from the bathroom. I jumped out of bed, freaking out and ran towards the bathroom. My heart in my throat and my pulse pounding in my skull, I raced into the bathroom. My mind raced with every terrible scenarios that would cause (Y/N) to shriek that at awful sound of terror that rang in my ears. I called out to her. "(Y/N)!"

Please don't let her bleed. Please don't let her get hurt.

"(Y/N)!" I bellowed as I reached the locked bathroom door. "Tom?" she said unsure. "(Y/N)!" Instant relief washed over me at the sound of my name from her lips, at least briefly. I tried twisting the knob, fighting against the lock. I jiggled, pushed and pulled the knob to get to my possibly-hurt-or-worse-girlfriend on the other side. "Are you alright? (Y/N) open the door!"

"Tom, I'm fine." she said confidently. But there was a tinge of something not fine at all in her tone.

"(Y/N) please..." I nudged the door again, desperate to get to her and needing to see for myself that she was actually fine.

With false calm edging-on-hysterical voice, she said, "Don't come in here." "Please." she pleaded. "Why did you scream?" I asked, trying not to panic. "I got a bit light headed. I'm okay now. Don't come in here." she said slightly panicking.

"I can't." I proved it again by clicking the knob and shaking the door. "(Y/N), love... I heard things fall to the floor after you screamed. Tell me what is happening." I said worrily. I couldn't cover the worry in my voice. I needed to get to her as soon as possible.

"I-I-I'm.. fine." she stuttered. "Define fine." I asked and there was silence for a few minutes, making me more worried. "Fine as in nothing happened as I imagined in the last few minutes or fine as in you're-curling-up-on-the-floor-with-blood-gushing-like-a-river-and-you-don't-want-me-to-worry" I continued with a shaky voice.

(Y/N) muttered something under her breath. The words withheld by the barrier between us. Then she burst out, "Um.. Is there another option?" She was moving within the room but I couldn't figured what she was doing within the room. "Probably somewhere in the middle?" she said. An object moved across the vanity and clattered to the floor away from her. "Damn it!" she whispered quite loudly.

"(Y/N)!" My frustration and blood pressure increased up a number, needing to know for myself that she was in one piece. "It's nothing, Tom. Don't come in here." she repeated. Judging by the off-order tone making its way slowly into her voice, I couldn't take anymore stalling. "(Y/N) open the door!" I said sternly, not meaning to be harsh but it came out hard.

(Y/N) sighed in resignation about the fact that she'd have to follow this order. "Am I really clumsy to you, Tom?" she asked. Despite the fact that she couldn't see me, I shook my head and furrowed my brow in confusion. "No no no.. Well, only on certain days of the month." All the movement and shuffling on the other side of the door ceased. "Right, you know about that...." she said and I chuckled.

I had a perfect visual in my head to accompany that voice, staring at the door and blushing red since I knew one of her symptoms of her monthly cycle. It helped to make some of my worry of the state of her if she could be distracted from what kept her locked up in the bathroom.

"(Y/N), we've been together for almost a year," I said as a reminder. "Now open the door, please." I said politely hoping it would changed her mind. "I don't want to" she said shyly. "Why don't you want to?".

"Tom I don't- would you ring your sister for me please?" she said as I braced my hands above my head on either side of the door frame. "Emma's got fittings tonight. I can help you. Whatever is going on in there, let me in." I spoke calmly.