Bathroom Catastrophe part II

"(Y/N), how- I'm putting this as delicately as I can-but how did you get lotion on the ceiling?"

"You promised," she poked me in the ribs, scowling from her seated position on the vanity. Her little feet kicked out and she reclined back against the wall.

"I did promise and I'm not laughing." And I wasn't laughing, at least not out loud. I couldn't hurt her that way. "I'm simply amused at the skill it took to get it up there," I remarked pointing at a glob of the peach lotion on the bathroom ceiling. I'd sat (Y/N) on the vanity while I set everything back to their right place after her run-in with the lotion bottle. "Especially for a petite woman of your size."

(Y/N) imitated a laugh in an exaggerated way, setting her arms on my shoulders. She crossed them behind my head, pulling me with her. "Funny, Hiddleston." She said sarcastically

I stopped her silly disparagement with a long, fully engaged, kiss, one that left us both breathless. I was grateful for the slight reprieve she'd given me in the shower, as I found my raging hard on a bit easier to manage now. The urge to bury myself in her was still there, would always be there, but the edge was shaved down to a dull ache.

--------------------------------------------------------

I woke gradually sometime in the middle of the night with (Y/N) snuggled against me, presumed asleep. For long moments, I stared blankly into the darkness, trying to pinpoint what woke me. My flat was soothingly silent, darkness nearly complete, (Y/N)'s peach smell which was a tad stronger after her battle with the exploding bottle, in my nose. All was as it should be.

I snuggled (Y/N) closer, leaving a kiss on the top of her head as I closed my eyes to find sleep again.

"Tom?"

"Hey baby," I greeted groggily, rubbing her arm. "Why are you awake?"

"Nightmares. The usual stuff." Her voice quivering in the darkness. Her fingers crept up my side along my ribs, dragged out a caress, following a path that only she mapped and knew by heart. A familiar caress, I recognized (Y/N)'s innate, instinctual displays of affection. The track led her into the middle of my chest, her little fingers tickling the spot, a spot I knew she loved on me.

"What have you been dreaming?" Localizing my touch to what she considered safe zone territory, I stroked my hand down the back of her hair. "I don't really want to talk about it."

Her hand stroked my happy trail and went still again.

Soothing a hand down her hair and all the way to the small of her back, I kissed the crown of her head. "Listen to me, I will protect you and I will make sure that I've done everything I can to make sure that you're safe. Whatever it takes, whatever happens, from now on I swear I will always be there. Always."

I shifted underneath her head, futilely peering down at her in the dark. I couldn't see her, but I didn't stop me from trying."(Y/N), don't be so hard on yourself, love."

Needing to alleviate her stress, I moved out from underneath her and slid down the bed until I was level with her along the pillows.Her hand moved back down to my waist, along my side, maintaining the tactile comfort she sought.

The dark kept me from seeing the distress I knew would be there, her frown, the downturned corners of her mouth, the worry lines along her forehead. I pulled the duvet up to cover her and snuggle her closer to fight against the vulnerability she felt.

"Tom, why do you need me? You have so much more than me. You have a flat, a car, a huge career, a posh education, a family and you have Luke." she said while holding back the tears.

I pulled her closer, leaving no room or gap between us, giving her all my warmth and all of myself. I approached her doubts in a different direction, not wanting to invalidate her feelings. "For me, I'm caring for the woman I love because I don't trust anyone else to do it, to do it right, to see to her every need and whim." To lighten the mood, I added, "Who was going to help me eat all the biscuits in the house? Who else was going to make my bathroom smell like peaches? Who else would give me every reason to rearrange my bookshelf?"

"What's all that worth without someone to call my own? Without a friend to turn to when my hands are raw and chapped and mangled, bleeding from the dried cracks? And what's all that worth without a woman who loves me so much that she created a riddle driven scavenger hunt themed birthday present that brought me to her as my prize?" I asked. "You did, (Y/N). You did all of those things." I smiled proudly.

"You did that, and it's worth more to me than my flat and my car and my education, all that. (Y/N), you challenge me, keep me guessing, and through it all you've loved me. You fought for me. You knew your heart so well, so well that you taught me mine, to trust-" I stopped myself mid thought as I felt a pang of guilt in my gut. (Y/N) had taught me all those things, but I still hadn't trusted in her completely. I hadn't been straight with her about my history, my unfounded suspicions, and part of my motivation in caring for her.

Her hands found my face in the dark, the light feathery touch along my cheeks. Her thumb traced my lower lip.

Betrayal and infidelity, these were the worst for me, very personal and the source of my weakness when it came to any relationship with a woman. With (Y/N), I had tried to start over, but these insecurities were a part of me. She presented me with the perfect opportunity to speak my mind, tell my truth, and finally unload the weight that kept me from breathing freely. And yet, I remained silent about it, kept bottled up and hidden away. (Y/N) saw all of my positives, my good qualities, but the fear that I would lose something and appear less in her eyes kept me quiet.

Her hands were guiding me closer to her, I could feel her slowly reeling me in. Her entire body pressed into mine, her softness, her tenderness.

"Thank you." (Y/N) whispered. "For what?" I whisper back. "For everything. For yesterday, for today, for tomorrow, for believing in me." She said while dragging her finger around my happy trail. "I love you, Tom" (Y/N) whispered sleepily. I pull her for a kiss, her lips were on mine, and I couldn't respond with anything more than tucking her under my body, allowing her to have me as she wanted.