Christmas Morning

"Wake up." Tom murmured, brushing back my hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear. "Wake up, love. It's Christmas."

"One more minute." I yawned, peeking through my eyelids and turning away so he wouldn't bother me any further with his hands. No such luck. His hands continued to play with the soft curls of my hair, trailing down to my shoulder and then towards my back. I shivered underneath his touch as I played I was asleep.

"I'll give you one more minute..." He pulled me around the waist, dragging me towards his body and held tightly so I couldn't move away from him. Not that I complained of course. I smiled as he continued kissing my cheek, my neck and then my shoulder. "You smell absolutely divine." Tom whispered against my skin, igniting my whole body awake from his mere words.

"Tea or coffee?" He asks, yawning too. Yesterday had been a long night. After visiting his family for Christmas Eve dinner, we had both returned home, too tired to even bother putting the gifts we received underneath the tree. Instead, we opted for leaving them in the foyer. Our cheeks had burned from smiling so much but in the end, it was all worth it. Even in the middle of winter, I could hear the rare birds chirping outside.

"Both." I turned around to face him, opening my eyes now to look into his. I met his smile with mine as I kissed him on the lips.

"Coming right up." Tom pulled the covers off his body and shuffled across the floor, yawning and shaking his head to clear away the sleepiness. I instantly missed the warmth he provided in bed and was tempted to call him back saying never mind the hot beverages. I drifted back into a soft slumber. Hearing the creaks of the mattress springs ring in my ear and the weight of the body sinking in, I sat up in bed and took my mug of tea, leaving the coffee on the tray. Tom brought me into another delicate kiss, licking the sugar from the tea off of my bottom lip.

"Mmm." I sighed, leaning in towards him. "Merry Christmas, Mr. Hiddleston. You sure know how to give the best gift of all to a woman. Tea in bed and wonderful kisses."

"Merry Christmas, Mrs. Hiddleston." He gave me his special smile he always saved for me. The one where his lips turn up just a little and his eyes flicker alive. "You're not so bad yourself. I am one lucky..." He brings me into another soft kiss. "Bastard for ever marrying a woman like you and waking up to you like this everyday of my life."

"IT'S CHRISTMAS! IT'S CHRISTMAS!" A curly blond blue eyed boy bursts into our room and leaps onto our bed, threatening to tilt the cuppa in my hands and his. The boy leaps into Tom's arms, snuggling against his chest and smiles at both of us. "Mummy, when are we going to open the presents?" Max said through giggles when Tom decided to settle his cuppa down on the bedside table and begin blowing kisses on our son's stomach.

"Oh, I am definitely a lucky bastard." Tom chuckled when Max grabs his hand and drags him out of bed, no doubt towards the presents downstairs.