The Wedding

Tom P.O.V

"I can hardly believe that you're doing this. Well done," Ben said as he smoothed the material on my shoulder. He swatted at a stubborn speck of lint that clung to the black woolen fabric. His brows furrowed in concentratretation, eventually picking at the imperfection with dull fingernails and flung it aside with a dance of fingers. To sooth his mind, Ben then swiped a hand down my arm twice more for good measure.

I took in my visage in the looking glass, reflecting on Ben's words. I could not believe I was doing this either, without fear or hesitancy. I was the luckiest man on the planet and I was counting each and every blessing. Nervously I straightened my blazer and my suit for the seventeenth time in the last quarter of an hour.

"I am a lucky man." I spoke outloud, my voice airy with elation. Staring at the man before me, my reflection, I couldn't quite believe my own eyes. Happiness had alighted my features, I couldn't close my mouth for the wide bright smile, my eyes shown bright, all wrinkles and crinkles taking the day off. I was nearly delirious with the high.

"Quit your bragging, arsehole. She's a gorgeous girl, and some of us are still searching."

Ignoring the last part of the statement, I said, "She is. How did I come to deserve her?"

Ben grasped my shoulders from behind and peeked over to speak to my reflection. "You're a good match, you two."

Wistfully, I sighed and I mumbled "Yeah,"

Ben slapped his hand affectionately along my back, before straightening my tie once more by stepping in front of me. In my haze of glee, I embraced my best friend and best man. He exclaimed, "Let's get you married off! She's waiting on you, mate."

---------------------------------------------------

In the blink of an eye, I was standing to the right of the church altar waiting for my bride to make her way to me and our future along the silky red carpet. The mist that hung over London couldn't darken my mood or the colored lights along the floor from the stained glass windows. Greens, blues, yellows complimented and clashed with the runner down the center aisle creating an atmosphere for joy, one that almost matched my own.

I couldn't see the faces of family and friends sitting patiently in theseats, listening to the organ and awaiting for the woman of the hour. I couldn't focus on their faces through my nerves and desperate, clawing need to see my bride to be, but rather I felt their well wishes and love. Similar to the energy that came from a live audience while on stage, I felt the care and affection of the people I loved the most.

The melody from the organ transitioned to the wedding march, and my heart tripped into overdrive. This was my moment, the one I had waited for so long. In a flurry and blur of activity the groomsmen escorted bridesmaids dressed in pink to match the flower arrangements tastefully arranged around the church. In my excitement, I missed the maid of honour, ring bearer, and flower girl join me at the end of the aisle awaiting my woman. The suspense of seeing her was excruciating, I needed to see her.

'Here Comes the Bride' sounded in my ears, and the exhilarating rush of blood strummed through my system, almost drowning out the music. It was a high similar to running five miles in exactly 40 minutes, the cool London air whipping through my curls, whispering along my skin exposed to the elements. That was the rush I felt when my girl graced a room with her presence.

Like a ring around the bright summer sun, my (Y/N) appeared in the opening of the double doors at the other end of the aisle. She looked stunning in a simple white gown, looking like an angel. (Y/N) was never one for flashy accessories or fancy jewelry, allowing her beauty to shine over all else. She was the very definition of beauty, slowly walking towards me and our future together, forever linked.

(Y/N) beamed with a smile that matched my own. Our eyes looked on each other, feeling closer than we ever had before. When her eyes filled with tears of intense merriment, her emotion filled mine. I blinked away the tears that threatened to spill, and I didn't want to miss a moment of her approach. All our arguments and troubles melted away, as our souls melded before our hands, in the eyes of God. She was truly who I wanted, who I needed forever more.

With my whole concentration on her alone, I didn't notice Henry give her away and approve of our union. I felt her shaking hand at the crook of my elbow. Laying my other hand over hers, we turned towards the priest but our eyes never left each other. She was my soul mate, my better half, my love, my wife-to-be, my heart and my life.

I was lost in my excitement of this woman and her hold over me that I missed most of the ceremony. We had chosen a shorter ceremony, anxious to be connected before our friends and family as quickly as possible. And in another wrinkle in time, the priest announced, "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride."

(Y/N) and I were one, recognised by family and friends. Tears streaming down her face, but I'd never seen her so delighted. She giggled as the emotion over flowed from her to me and back to her. The look on her face was only a portion of the overwhelming completeness I felt in those moments, overflowing happiness close to bursting from my being. We belonged to one another, never to be parted.

I grinned and approached her, slidding my hand onto her back and as I lowered my eager lips to hers, her eyes slid closed. We were passionately locked in an embrace and kissing one another as if this was the last time we would taste each other's lips. The crowd roars and (Y/N) pulled away slowly. With a small chuckle, I pull her closer and lightly pecked her lips.