9. Shattering Truth

⚠️WARNING: violence and foul language

As if today wasn't already exhausting enough, the news I'm about to get is going to shake everything in my world. I always had a good life. Things weren't ever hard for us as a family. We seemed like a normal family with normal arguments, but I guess I was completely wrong.

This was all an act. They all lied to me. Outcasted me for this many years!?

"What!? Why do I have the most important task?" I stupidly asked. "Don't interrupt young lady." Mr. Min snapped sternly at me. I press my lips together as my mom starts to answer my questions again. "Your duty for the Min family is to become a wife. You'll one day help take over and run this show." Those words struck me to my core and I am left speechless. A wife?! I have only had one boyfriend my entire life and I even hid that from everyone... well except Yuna and Namjoon. "You mean to tell me that I am marrying Mr Min?! THIS IS FUCKING WRONG!! ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS?!" If you can't sense the anger in my voice you're probably an idiot. "Lucky for you it's not me." Mr Min cuts in with a chuckle and I am instantly relieved. "You are to marry my son." Mr. Min's straight face is showing me that he is very serious. "Why me!? I would NEVER marry him! Don't I have a say in this!?" I argued with them hoping that they can sense my desperation to get out of this bind. My blood is beginning to boil under my skin and I can't believe they are doing this to me. No one answers me and I looked at my mom; waiting for her to say something. "Mom?" I called for her and she redirected her eyes to look at the ground as she walks over to me. "Are you serious? You guys have got to be fucking with me or something." I cursed at them. "Y/n! Watch your mouth!" My mother yells at me and in that same moment, she slaps me across my face. I feel the sting on the skin of my cheek as my hand comes up to clasp it. "Why do I have to do this!! You can't force me to marry that asshole!" I yelled back. I know I'm going to regret having such a sour attitude but no one has ever forced me to do something I didn't want to do before. "We owe this family!" She shouted at me. "YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BORN IF IT WASN'T FOR THIS FAMILY!" Mother continues to yell. "What kind of fucked up shit is this!? Fuck this! I would never marry him! He doesn't even like me! HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN MEAN TO ME! If he knew I was supposed to marry him then why wasn't he nicer to me!?" I shot him a glare filled with hatred.

Suddenly, Mr. Min stands up and my hands clench into a fist. He walks towards us and I get a chill down my spine that shocks my nerves to freeze in place. Along with synching my lips shut. "Who raised you to talk to an elder in that tone?" Mr. Min's voice deepens and for the first time, I am actually afraid for my life. My mom drops to her knees and begins to apologize for my actions. It doesn't make any sense why she would do that. Yoongi run up to us abruptly and snatches my hand; pulling me back and shielding me from his father. "I'll take responsibility for her." Yoongi says and I yank my hand out of his grasp. I'm still mad at this whole situation.

I hate him. I hate them.

Yoongi is pissed. I can definitely tell he is really mad at me by the way his glare is burning my skin with his snakelike eyes. "Son, take care of this. If this doesn't work out smoothly, we will find a more eligible woman to fill this position." His father is treating me like an object that's dispensable. "I will." Yoongi responded respectfully and quickly bows his head before him. I know in my gut that I will never marry him nor will I marry into this family. "If you're responsible for her... then you must also be responsible for her life; Keep her out of harms way and keep her alive. You'll take her to and from work, make sure she learns about our family and in 3 months time...she better be obedient enough to walk down that aisle or else I'll make sure there's a gun to her head to make sure she does." He spews at Yoongi and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I have never seen this side of him before and I never knew how ugly of a man Mr. Min truly was until today. "Young lady, I have always been fond of you. Don't give me a reason to rid you of this world. Your parents aren't able to stop me either." He snaps at me and Yoongi's hand comes back and grabs my hand. For once, I am relieved to feel someone hold me. My knees felt weak but Yoongi wraps his other arm around me for support and helps me stand on my own two feet.