8. Secret

My feet drag as I walk into the house. I thought that work would be irritating and I didn't really know it would be this draining. If I didn't need money to fund this beautiful apartment, I would just sleep all day and party my brains out. Yuna is already in the kitchen making herself a bowl as I place my bag on the counter. "Gimme some too." I whined at her and she scoops two more big scoops into the bowl. She walks over to the stool next to me and gives me the other spoon. "Hey Y/n?" Yuna calls me after she takes a bite. "Hmm?" I responded. "Would you ever date my brother?" She asked and I instantly choke on my ice cream. "What the fuck? Ew no!" My face is scrunched at the thought. "Why not!? We could turn into literal sisters!" Yuna is giggling and laughing with me. "Ew. Stop! Yuna! Why would you ask me that? You know he would never be interested in me anyways." I rambled on. "What if he was? Would you give him a chance?" Yuna steals the bowl and demands an answer before I get another spoonful. "No! He is so rude and I hate how he is so mean! Plus he flirts with everyone." I complained. "Maybe he will stop if you asked him to." Yuna is starting to plant seeds in my mind. "Can we change the subject?" I asked her as I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, Yuna's phone starting buzzing and I know it's her father; I have always been afraid of him even though he has never been mean to me. "Y/n, I gotta go. Apparently some guys had robbed one of our branches and my dad wants me home just in case something happens." She grabs her bag and I walked her out. "Hey...I think I should bring this up...when I left the bank today. Someone left a creepy note on my windshield." I confessed to her. "What note?" She tilted her head and her eyes are filled with concern. "I don't know if it's something to watch out for but the note said "we are watching you." I just got into my car and left." I told her and she started fumbling with her phone. She called her dad again and this time the fear in her voice is making me worried. I have never seen her like this before. She is worried, panicky and scared. "Daddy, Y/n had a note on her car. We have to take her with us. Something could happen to her!" Yuna demanded but she suddenly stops and listens to her dad.

To me? What the hell would happen to me? I'm nobody

I start to get worried when her body language becomes aggressive; it's freaking me out. She's giving me anxiety and I definitely didn't need this. She starts pushing me and leading me into my room. "What the hell" I whispered since her dad is still on the other line. "Okay she will sleep at our house. She will at least be safer there." Yuna continues on with her dad. "Okay. Bye daddy. I love you" she quickly hangs up and heads into my closet to grab a luggage. "Uhh... did you not understand all my cues!? PACK!" Yuna yells at me. "Why are you fricking yelling at me?! What the heck is going on?" I shouted back at her as I begin to feel frazzled. She pulls a bunch of clothes off their hangers and tosses them into the luggage. She grabs socks and shoes out of my closet as I grabbed some undergarments from my drawers. "Pack now and I'll explain in the car." Yuna is frantically packing the luggage faster than I have ever seen. She grabs a huge purse from the top of my closet and throws everything on my vanity into my purse. "Come on. Let's go." Yuna grabs my hand with one of hers and pulls my luggage with the other. I take the purse and we head to her car. "Wait wait! My stuff is on the counter." I yelled and ran to go get it.

We get out of the elevator and we hopped in her car and head to her house. "Okay. Explain." My patience is wearing thin. "Wait til we get home." She barters with me. "No! I want to know. What are you guys hiding?" I snap at her as I get suspicious. My stomach is telling me that she's hiding something. She's been my best friend since I was born. Why can't she just tell me what is happening. "Are you seriously not going to tell me!?" I shouted as she continues to irritate me. "Ughhh whatever!" I grumbled.

We enter the gates of their mansion. I don't get how they have so much money. My mind starts to think that they are definitely drug lords. Their house keepers, butlers and maids come out to greet us. "Welcome back Miss Y/n." Mr Min greets me when we entered the living room. He usually smiles when he sees me but it's different this time. The look on his face intimidates me and I start to think that he must be a gang leader or the mob boss. "So y/n, I heard a note was left on your car." Mr. Min's face is cold and stone like. I nodded because if I said a word he didn't like, he could kick me back out onto the streets. "Your parents are aware that you're here. You'll be staying with us for the time being. It's for your protection so please don't argue." His tone is serious and it seems like he is truly concerned for me. "What is happening?" I finally gathered the courage to mutter. "Yuna hasn't told you yet?" he says then looks over at Yuna "after all these years sweetheart? I told you that once you guys turn 18, you have permission to tell her." Mr. Min exhales sharply. "Tell me what!" I yelled from being kept in the dark. Suddenly, Yoongi pulls me by my wrist down the hall and up the grand set of stairs "YOOOGII! Bring her back!! She's staying in my room!" I heard Yuna scream from the top of her lungs. "Yoongi! Let go!" I push his hand off my wrist. His grip was so tight that when he lets go, I can feel the blood rushing back into my fingers. "Where are you taking me!?" I yelled at him but he covers my mouth with his big hand; shushing me. "Stop fucking yelling. My dad is not going to lose his shit" Yoongi whispers at me with a hint of fear and a lot of anger in his voice.

I rolled my eyes and Yoongi suddenly uncovers my mouth but he's now holding my jaw. "I dare you to roll your eyes at me again." He snarls at me. My bratty attitude is coming to life as I roll my eyes again at him and the grip on my face tightens. He finally releases it but picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. "Put me down!" I yelled as I slapped his back. He drops me on the ground; my butt collided with the hard floor and I curl in pain. "What the fuck did I say about not yelling?" He is whispering but I know he is definitely yelling at me. "Fuck you." I responded harshly out of irritation.

Yuna comes up the stairs and rescues me. "Why are you so mean to her?" Yuna defends me while helping me up. Yoongi doesn't answer but he just walks away. Slamming his door when he gets the end of the hall. "Come on. I have a lot to tell you" Yuna confessed. We walked up to the 3rd floor and into Yuna's room. My luggage and bags were already in there and they were emptied and put into the closet. "Sit down. Listen. Don't talk. Just listen." Yuna demands. The Min family has always been very dominant. Mrs. Min passed away before I was born. Yuna was only 3 or 4 months old. I guess that's what happens when a father has to do his best to raise two kids on his own.

She takes a deep breath and starts, "Okay...it's time I tell you the truth about us. I don't want you to be scared and I don't want you to run away. You're my bestfriend but I just never knew how to tell you." She took another large breath before blurting something I never thought I'd hear. "We don't just own a bank or the tiny branches all over the country. We also pretty much own the city. The bank is just a great place to make us look good on the outside. My dad is the one who runs everything. Long story short...we are the biggest mafia in the country. We run the drugs, the bars, clubs, hotels, and a lot more." She finally confessed. The feeling I had in my gut that they did things illegally turned out to be true and I never thought I would be right "Do my parents know?" I softly asked "Yeah they have known for a long time. Your dad started working for my dad before Yoongi was born and your brother started working for us after high school. He is a hacker and he watches the surveillance down stairs. He also does a lot more but I don't really know how to explain it all."

I must be dreaming because this seems like a bunch of bullshit "You have got to be kidding me. Why am I only knowing about this now? I don't believe you. Why have I been kept in the dark this whole time?! Why did everyone lie to me?" I said while pulling out my phone in disbelief to call my mom.

"Mom! Tell me Yuna is lying!" I screamed the moment she answers the phone. "Sweetie...come down and let me explain." My mom says in a calm voice as if this means nothing. "You're here too!!" I shouted before bolting down the stairs. The moment I get down there, I see my parents and my brother. "This is a lie! WHY ARE YOU ONLY TELLING ME NOW!?" I yelled and Yoongi grabbed me from behind and told me shut up. "Stop fucking yelling" he whispers into my ear. "You're going to get us all killed." He continued as he pushed me into a chair. Their dad's face is scaring me so I really shut my mouth this time. "I know it's hard to believe but you need to understand the operation around here." My mom said to me. I now know that they really aren't just the owners of the biggest finance corporation here. "So wait...can I ask a question?" I speak lightly with a gentle voice. Mr. Min nods and I inhaled slowly before speaking. "What does everyone here do and why have I been kept in the dark for so long?" I looked at my mom; hoping that she will feed my curiosity. "Dad is Mr. Min's head of security. I watch over everything that happens for the banks to make sure it remains a legitimate business. As for your brother, he handles all the technical details but you?" My mom's voice was strong but the moment she mentions me; her voice trembles. I start to find comfort in that until she says the most outrageous thing.

"You've been kept in the dark all this time because your task is the most important one."
————————————————
A/N: who's ready to PTDLV?