32. Blood, Sweat & Tears

Yoongi's POV

"Yoongi...something is—" I hear Y/n as her eyes slowly glaze over. "Baby! Stay awake! STAY AWAKE!" I screamed at her but her eyes shut and I hold her wounds. "Step on it!" I demanded as I look into the rear view mirror to lock eyes with Jungkook. I turn my head and look back at the Hyun's estate as it is being blown up. Relieved yet afraid that I might lose Y/n tonight.

We pull into the ambulance bay and she's quickly but carefully wheeled into the emergency room and straight into operating room. "Sir, you can't go in there with her." The nurse tells me and I continue to push my way but then a hand wraps around my right bicep pulling me back. The door closes on me once the nurse disappears. "Let go! She needs me!" I yelled as I could care less who is grabbing me. I yank my arm back and turn to confront this person. "Leave me the fu—" I shut my mouth the moment I realize it's Jin Hyung. "YAH! Watch your mouth. I'll let this one go because you didn't know it was me." He says and when I look around him I see them all.

Taehyung...Jimin, Jungkook, Hoseok, and even Namjoon.

I dropped to my knees and begin to weep. "She needs to live. I haven't told her yet. She can't die yet. I need to tell her that I love her." I sobbed as one by one they gather around me. Holding me like I'm a weak child. "Hyung...she's going to be fine." Taehyung says to me. "How do you know?! Are you sure?! Have you seen how much fucking blood she lost? Go to the fucking car and check it for yourself! I watch those 3 bullets hit her. I SAW IT WITH MY OWN EYES! You don't fucking know shit about what happened! You're not even sure!" I lifted my head and screamed at him. "YAH! What did I say about your mouth!" Jin Hyung slapped me in the back of my head. "Stand up. We are currently 7 dudes hugging each other and you need to wash your hands. It's covered in her blood." Jin is using his elder card to boss me around. "Your father is having someone bring you some clothes. Oh and Hyung..." Namjoon informs me but he pauses and scratches the back of his neck with a awkward stance. "Spit it out." I said dryly. "Umm thanks for saving my sister." He says with a crooked smile and a small chuckle to hide his awkwardness. "You're lucky that the love of my life just so happens to be your sister too" I mentioned and Hoseok's face cringes with disgust.

I head for the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair is messy. My shirt is dirty and my arms are covered in blood. I turn on the faucet and as I looked at myself in the eyes and observed my own face. I noticed tear marks; trailing from my eyes to my cheeks and down to my chin. I drop my head to look at my hands. Something inside of me turns and curls and in that split second I spin and run for the stall; slamming the door into the wall to open it. I begin hurling into the toilet and puking my guts out. I thought of her blood on my hands, the liquid that runs inside of her to keep her alive...is on my arms and hands. I begin to cry once again and I hear the bathroom door creak and it's my dad.

I straighten my back but he waves his hand lightly; gesturing my to stay put. He crouches over, flushes the toilet and orders me to stand up. He's holding a duffle bag, which I'm guessing is my clothes. "Wash up. Get all of that blood off. Now." He says with a strong voice but there's a hint of tenderness in his words. "Take off your shirt. Then wash off all your worries of her. Dunk your head in the sink if you need to. Screw your head on straight because she's going to need you." My father says as he drops the bag next to the sink. He walks over to the wall, crosses his arms and leans on it for support. "You don't have to stay." I mentioned so I don't burden him with this horrid sight. "Son, I know I don't have to." He nods his head and points at the sink once again.

I pull my shirt over my head and grab a few pumps of soap. As I begin to lather my blood covered flesh, I couldn't refrain my tears from falling once again. I see my tears land on the counter and in the sink but I keep at it. I rinse my face several times to wash away the painful thoughts of her not making it out alive. I comb my hands through my hair and let out a sharp breath. My father opens the bag and throws me a towel. I quickly throw on a new shirt and he takes a few steps towards me until we are face to face. "Are you done?" He asked and I nodded. Suddenly, his arms come up and wrap around me like a snake. "I'm glad we got to her back. I'm glad she didn't have to endure what your mother went through. I'm glad you're okay and I'm glad that you and I don't relate when it comes to this. I would never want you to lose the love of your life. Son, put on your bravest face because once you see her; you're not...and I mean NOT, allowed to lose it in front of her." My father says and he finally let's go of me. I wipe away my tears and let out another sharp breath. I throw my dirty shirt into the bag but my father grabs it and throws it in the trash. "No need to keep bad and painful memories lingering around us. Let's go" he says before patting me on the back.

Why is he acting like this? He never showed me this side of him before.

We walk out of the bathroom and head back to the waiting room. I look down at my watch to check the time. 3:57AM. I see my brothers sitting together; waiting for me. "Hyung, do you feel better?" Taehyung asks me with a boxy smile as they all turn their attention towards me and I give them all a tiny nod. "One of the nurses came out to update us, it'll be a few more hours. Oh, and they got all the bullets out but there's some complications." Jungkook breaks the news to me and my father grabs my shoulder before I could let my head drop to hold in my tears. Namjoon walks up to me and pulls me to sit down in the seat next to his. "She's going to be—" he begins but gets cut off when a nurse turns the corner at lightning speed with a arm full of bags of blood into the operating room. "Fine." Namjoon finishes. I can't help but think she's going to die. This is all my fault. If I was man enough to let the conversation happen; she wouldn't be here. She wouldn't have been taken from me. She wouldn't be bleeding out. She wouldn't have to fight for her life.

Baby, it's my fault. Please live. Live so I can tell you that I love you. So I can show you how much you deserve the world. So I can give you everything I have and more. Y/n, please...

Hours go by as I continue to check my watch. 6:13AM. Suddenly, the door slides open and the surgeon walks out with his hands held together. I see a few specks of blood on his face. Some blood stains on his scrubs and coat. There's even blood on his shoes.

"Hello, I'm Dr. In. I have some news to break to you. We got the bullets out but the bleeding wouldn't stop. Her heart stopped 2 times. We gave her a blood transfusion and did everything in our power. I'm sorry..."

————-