Forever

It's only dark for a moment. The doors push open and my eyes are met with what looks like a thousand flickering stars.

"Wow"

My eyes widened while shock begins coursing through my veins and my body slowly placing one foot in front of the other. Soon there is an artificial fog that rolls in from each side like a wave of clouds covering the wooden floor. All the candles light up the dark room. My eyes are scanning in awe until Yoongi appears from behind a tower of flickering flames and I can't help but smile.

————-
Yoongi's POV

**Flashback**

I walked towards Yuna's room because I know that I can't plan this all by myself. She knows y/n better than anyone. I'm going to need her expertise but I'm not quite sure how she'll react. She opens the door after the 2nd knock. Her face drops as if she was hoping to see someone else. "What do you want?" Her attitude already exposing itself. "Why are you so annoying? I came cause I need your help" I lean my right shoulder on the wall by the door and cross my arms. "Help? You never ask me for help. What did you do now?" She blurts as she plops on the couch across the tv. I walk over to the couch and pull out a piece of paper with a few of my ideas scribbled on it. It's titled "ways to surprise Y/n". I cringe at the thought of planning something but it's for Y/n. Anything for her. "Something for Y/n." I answered then suddenly, Yuna's body jolts upward. "You want to plan a surprise for her?! For what? What kind of surprise? Are you going to confess to her?" She speaks so fast that she has forgotten to take a breath. "Look, she has gone through enough. I just want to bring some happiness into her life and..." I pause as I scratch the back of my neck. I take a deep breath before giving her my true reasoning to this. "I was thinking of confessing and maybe taking the next step by starting a relationship with her. A real one. One that she actually deserves. Will you help me?" I stare at the ground as if I'm embarrassed but I'm not quite sure what I'm truly feeling. When I look back up at my sister, she's smiling from ear to ear. "OF COURSE I'LL HELP YOU! I have been waiting for this day FOREVER! She will never see it coming" Yuna screeches as she is unable to contain her excitement.

**End of flashback**

I am not sure why I'm so nervous but everything in me is hoping that this shows her that I truly do care and that she isn't just the girl I had a silly crush on in high school. 

I stand there behind the tower of candles. I slowly trail my eyes from left to right to make sure everything is in place. Taehyung and Jimin both holding a door handle as we all wait for the signal. Jin hyung and Hobi are ready to turn on the fog machines. Namjoon is in charge of starting the music once the doors open while Jungkook is holding the camera to catch Y/n's raw emotions.

I really hope she likes this

**knock knock**

My mind relinquishes its thoughts and I stand up a bit straighter. I wipe my sweaty hands on my jeans and watch the doors swing open. In perfect timing, my eyes follow the fog that begins to roll forward and I am captivated by her. She's divine and if I must say...she's perfect. The flicker of every candle reflects a golden glow on her face. Her expression is exactly what I hoped it to be; a hint is surprise in her happy eyes. My feet slowly step forward towards her and make presence known after noticing her first few steps into the room. For the first time this morning, we locked eyes. I continue to observe her reaction and can see her cheeks rise as her face forms a smile.

————————
Y/N's POV

I'm amazed by the set up of the room but I'm most surprised by Yoongi. He is smiling at me which quite honestly is a very rare thing. Soon my feet disappear beneath the fog and I begin to bring myself towards him as if I'm dancing on the clouds. I'm not sure how I'm even walking when I couldn't do it without someone's help before but maybe it's because Yoongi is across the way. I want to wrap my arms around him and kiss him. I look around to take in the sight before my eyes. Flowers are in every corner. Candles lighting up the darkness. My heart begins doing summersaults. I suddenly feel like a 2nd grade girl who just held hands with her very first crush. We finally come together and I wrap my arms around him; embracing this moment. "What is all of this for?" I question him softly. "Are you surprised?" Yoongi's gummy smile making another appearance. My body fills with happiness and joy. "I was so irritated at Yuna but now I'm grateful." I say giddily.

Yoongi grabs both of my hands and looks me in the eyes. I glance at our hands. The connection between us is electric. "Y/n, I know that we haven't always been on the same page. I have put you through hell just by being around you but I hope that whatever we have between us starts to grows and changes into a wonderful relationship. You're everything I needed and more. Y/n, I am sorry for not giving you everything that you deserve sooner and I'm sorry for noticing too late." He begins to pour out his heart as my eyes begin to pour out my emotions. My mind is racing but like every flame here burning hot; my heart is burning for him. Yoongi drops down onto one knee and I freeze. He releases my hands to dig into a pocket of his; pulling out what looks like a velvet box. Splitting the box open, he reveals the beautiful ring inside. "I know this might be far fetched but couldn't spend another day not saying what's on my heart. You're the one I want to spent my life with. You've always been the one. It's always you and that'll never change. Y/n, will you marry me and spend the rest of eternity together?" Yoongi's eyes start to pool with tears but the smile on his face shows me that it's happy tears. I wipe my eyes and nod; nod like I never will again. "Yes Yoongi. Yes!" I answered before pulling him up. Yoongi places the ring on my left hand and I instantly crash my lips into his.

"I'll be yours, forever."

———————