33. Adrenaline Rush

Narrator's POV

Yoongi's chest begins to tighten as fear sets in. His entire body is tense and everyone in the room is bracing themselves for bad news. The hope in Mr. Min's soul is still holding on but it's slowly diminishing. "I'm sorry... for taking so long and thank you for being so patient. Let me get to the point; she made it through the surgery. There were many complications but overall she's an overcomer. She is resting but the next 12 hours are crucial. Hopefully she'll wake up when the anesthesia wears out in the next hour. They are transporting her to the VIP suite now. I'll have one of the nurses guide you up there to join her. I'm sure you're eager to see her." Dr In finally breaking the good news that they've all been waiting for.

"Doc, I want her moved to our home. There isn't enough security here." Mr. Min says with the heart to protect her but the doctor quickly shakes his head. "She isn't completely out of the woods yet. She needs monitoring and 24/7 care." He responds. "We can afford to have everything she needs moved there." Mr. Min persists but once again the doctor turns him down. "Sir, how about we keep her here until she wakes up. When she is stable, I will get her ready to be transported to your home. Does that sound okay?" Dr. In countered in hopes that the Mins understand

Beep beep beep beep beep

The only thing that can be heard as they enter the room is the heart monitor and the nurse scribbling on her chart. "Oh hi! She's doing well right now but she probably won't wake for a while. I'll be outside at the nurse's station so if you need me, don't be afraid to press the call button. I'll also be coming in periodically to check on her." The kind nurse said before exiting the room.

The room is large with two sets of long couches facing each other with a coffee table sitting between them. Yoongi grabs one of the 4 a chairs from the small dining set and puts it right beside y/n's bed. Once he sits down, His hand comes up and brushes against her face. The heart monitor begins to beep faster than normal and suddenly a steady line becomes visible. Panic spreads throughout the room as several nurses rush in along with a doctor. They shove Yoongi out of the way as they surround her. Other nurses are pushing them all out of the room while the doctor takes a hold of the defibrillator. The assistant squeezes the jelly onto the paddles and they hear the high pitched ring.

"CLEAR!" The man in the white coat yells and all of the hands touching her body escape her for a few seconds. They check the monitor but the beeping continues as they stare at the line remain flat. "Again!" He yells as Yoongi is on his knees weeping because the nurses gave up on pushing him out the door. He watches them fight to bring her back to life. "CLEAR!" And her body jolts from the shock. As all of their attention turns to the screen, the doctor drops the paddles back onto the cart and sighs a breath of relief. Her heartbeat becomes steady and everyone is slowly coming down from the adrenaline rush.

——————
Yoongi's POV

Flashback

"Namjoon, would you ever let me date your sister?" I asked him knowing he will most likely say no. Especially with the track record I've had lately. "Hyung...are you serious!?" Namjoon looks at me with a furrowed eyebrow. "What? Your sister is cute and now that she has boobs...she's hot!" I said with a chuckle and Namjoon pushes me playfully. "Yah! I'm just saying! So?? Would you?" I continued to press the issue. "I'll always say no but hey, Y/n never liked you so I honestly have nothing to worry about. She hates your guts and even if one day, she goes insane and falls for you...it'll be hell because she's 50% crazy and 50% sassy." Namjoon says followed by a belly full of laughter. "She can't be that bad" I mentioned with a hint of curiosity now spreading throughout my mind. "Wait...are you seriously interested in her? Like...not just for sex?" He questioned me. "Ughh, Never mind." I said as I continued to drive home.

End of flashback

Everyone has gone home and I know that it's late. I don't mind sleeping here and I don't want to leave her side. It's been 3 days since we got her back and she still hasn't woken up. My heart is filled with hate and I want them to fix her. Her heart has stopped giving up on her every few hours but I don't think she will leave me like this. I look down at our hands; intertwined as if we are both holding on to dear life. I just want to see her eyes one more time. I want her to yell at me. I want her to fight and laugh and cry. I would do anything to get those back.

Y/n baby, please come back.

Her hand suddenly squeezes mine and it pulled me out of my thoughts. "Y/n?" I said and her hand squeezes me again. I looked at her face and noticed a tear roll down her cheek. Her eyes remained shut and I slowly stand up. "Baby? Are you hurting? Can you hear me?" I asked but I get no response. I press the call button and a nurse quickly rushes in. "She squeezed my hand. She's crying. What's happening? Is she waking up?" I asked and the nurse runs out after mentioning that she's going to get a doctor. They both arrive in no time and I step away to give the doctor some room to examine her. "Y/n? My name is Dr. Lee, can you open your eyes for me?" He says and for the first time in a days, I see those beautiful eyes. "You're at the hospital, you've been shot and you went through surgery but now you're recovering. We are glad you're awake" said Dr. Lee. She is still and she looks around; her eyes bouncing from face to face, trying to figure out who is who. "Baby, you're going to be okay." Yoongi says but y/n's brain doesn't comprehend. "Where's my parents? Where's Yuna? Call Namjo—" Y/n pauses as her thoughts begin to collect.

"Why did you just call me baby?
———