Chapter 13: Vote for He Yu

In the painting exhibition of "My Friends", the child who gets the first place can get a certificate from the school.

When choosing the first place, the teachers encountered a problem.

"Which one do you think is better?"

They fell into contemplation at the two paintings that were released separately on the table.

A painting by Zhang Liu from Class 3, the painting is very serious, the lines are also very cute, two children playing at home.

The other one is from He Yu from Class 1.

The color of the painting is strong, and the first thing that catches the eye is a circle filled with drawing paper. Inside the circle is a face that looks like a smile but is not a smile. It is piled up in colorful triangles and ellipses, looming. On the outside of the circle, a pair of long bandage-like hands was tightly wrapped.

Picking up He Yu's painting, the art teacher said, "This painting is very special. I watched the children's paintings all afternoon, but this is the only thing that impressed me.

"Is it because of the color scheme?"

"Well," other teachers said, "Besides, his composition and creativity are also very intriguing."

"What is this painting?"

"Well, it should be an expression of the special bond that friendship has given him? Those long hands seem to describe a kind of hug. Isn't the so-called "friend" the one who can hug all your ugly people?"

"I think he painted his inner self. He hid his sad emotions and protected it himself."

Someone laughed and said, "Don't over-interpret, artists. Are you looking at a painting by a six-year-old kid?"

So the teachers asked him: "Then what do you think of this painting?"

"I can't read what he is going to paint. It is true that the color matching and the pictures are pretty good, but..."

He held up another painting from Zhang Liu's kid: "Choose the first place. I think it's easier to understand. Other children will recognize it."

"That's not necessarily the case. You are an adult's gaze. How can you represent the children's aesthetics, saying that they would like the one more."

There was no agreement among the teachers to choose the first place. After they discussed it, they finally decided to hold a poll in the school for the children to vote.

The next day.

Jiang Mingzhen, who came to the school early, and her tablemate studied carefully under the paintings of Zhang Liu and He Yu.

"Why does the teacher think that his paintings are good?" The same table looked at He Yu's paintings, still very at a loss.

"The painting is very vivid."

Jiang Mingzhen abruptly found out the shadow of her face from the colorful triangle ellipses and colored ribbons, although she didn't understand why He Yu had drawn her so round.

"The person in the painting, it's me." She patted her face.

"Is there?" The tablemate didn't feel like it at all.

"Yes," Jiang Mingzhen took out the mirror in his bag, mimicked the face on the painting, and squeezed out a strange expression: "Look again."

"Indeed!" The honest tablemate said: "You are as ugly as this painted face!"

"Right, so he painted very well." Satisfied Jiang Mingzhen walked back to their class with her hands behind her back.

Before the class, the teacher and the students in the class notified the afternoon activities: They selected the first place in the "My Friends" exhibition from Zhang Liu and He Yu's paintings. Every child has the right to vote.