Chapter Three

Y/N blended into the crowd as they made their way through the bustling city streets of New York. It was one of their many talents, becoming a nobody, the sort of person that wouldn't be given a second glance, it was what had enabled them to remain untraceable for so long. Y/N would only be found if they wanted to be. 

Pushing their way through the throng on people, Y/N's dark hazel eyes locked onto the businessman that was walking toward her. He was impeccably dressed in a tailored three piece suit and there was an air of arrogance around him, someone who thought they were untouchable. 

That was about to change though, not even the three very indiscreet bodyguards would see it coming. Y/N twisted her wrist, sliding the small blade out from inside it's concealed sleeve in her glove. Three more steps. Counting down in their head, Y/N smirked. Reaching three, they moved, it was a movement that would have been completely unnoticeable to a normal person. 

The blade sliced through the man's luxury suit pants, cutting straight through to his femoral artery. It was precise, completely perfect, exactly what Y/N had been trained to be. A formidable human weapon, designed to be flawless. 

Pulling her hood up, Y/N slipped down an empty side street, it would take less than a minute and the target would be terminated. By the time he or his bodyguards realised what had happened it would be too late to stop it. It was being this good at what they did that caused Y/N to be overwhelmingly arrogant, after all there had never been a target that they had failed against, so why shouldn't they be?

Y/N reached into their pocket and took out the burner phone, much to their annoyance there was no message. It was clear the message had been read but Natalia had not bothered to show any manners and reply to it. 

"So you want to play like that then Natalia. Fine, we'll skip the pleasantries then" Y/N said to themselves, a light russian accent lacing the words. 

'I'll be seeing you soon Natalia. I hope your time as an avenger hasn't made you soft. It would be boring if this was too easy for me.' 

Hitting send, Y/N put the phone away. It had irritated them that Natalia had not responded, but that would just mean they would have less reason to hold back now. The person who had hired them had given Y/N free reign to carry out the hit however they wanted. So Y/N planned on taking her time with this, after all they had spent years thinking of this moment, of getting revenge for what Natalia had done to her. 

The sound of sirens and a commotion back on the main street caused Y/N to glance over their shoulder, that was all they needed to hear to know that the hit was done. With that wrapped up that was the last job from her previous client done. Now their focus could be centred full on this new game. 

Y/N helped themselves to a motorbike that had been parked down the side street, they would be long gone before the owner noticed that the bike was missing. They needed to get back to the small apartment in Brooklyn that had been provided to them by one of their clients so that they could begin planning for their reunion with Natalia. 

**

The phone buzzed again, Natasha's frown deepened, how was it still working after she'd thrown it at the wall. It shouldn't surprise her that Tony had developed a phone that could carry on working even after hitting something with such force. 

Getting up Natasha walked over and picked up the phone, the screen was shattered but she was still able to make out part of the message that had come through. Y/N was taunting her even more, clearly looking to get a reaction.