Chapter Twenty- Seven

Y/N sat on the wooden steps of the cabin, staring out at the dark blue water of the lake. They had woken up here a few hours ago, there had been a note left by Natalia saying that she would be back shortly. Y/N had no idea where this cabin was or what had happened after they had fallen unconscious in their own apartment. They had a vague recollection of hearing Steve's voice but they couldn't remember the exact details. 

They had managed to limp from the couch inside out onto the decking, but Y/N had quickly found that Wanda must have been involved because when they had tried to take a step past the last step on the stairs the rune on their forearm had flared a vibrant red and magic had tugged Y/N backwards. 

Annoyed by that, Y/N sat on stubbornly on the last step, at the very limit of how far they had clearly been granted to go thanks to Maximoff's spell casting. Y/N frowned deeply as they thought about the fight with Bucky, they'd have bested him if he hadn't resorted to that underhand attack with the glass. 

The thought had Y/N gently touching the thigh where the glass had been buried, luck had clearly been on their side for it to have missed their artery. No doubt Bucky was pissed about that, it was clear he wanted them gone. 

Sighing, Y/N looked up at the sky watching as various birds flew overhead. What they wouldn't give to be able to grow a pair of wings and fly away right now. It seemed like everything that could go wrong was going wrong and Y/N was frustrated by it. 

No doubt Bucky was busy trying to convince them all that they were a villain and should be locked up. Y/N wondered if they would bother to hear them out or if Bucky would throw enough of a tantrum that they would take his side instead. 

The sound of an engine had Y/N bringing their attention to the gravel road that led up to the front of the cabin from the surrounding forest. A black SUV came through the treeline and parked up at the side of the cabin. Y/N arched a brow as they watched Wanda and Natalia exit the vehicle. Well at least it wasn't a load of Shield agents ready to drag them back to the Raft. 

"I assume the pair of you are here to tell me what my fate is?" Y/N asked as the two women approached them. 

"You were brought here because it was agreed that having you and Bucky at the compound after that bullshit are your apartment probably wasn't a good idea" Nat replied with a serious expression as she came to a stop, standing in front of Y/N. 

Y/N rolled their eyes. 

"Before I get the blame, I'd like to make it very clear that Barnes was the one who attacked me first. I was just defending myself" Y/N shrugged as they looked between Nat and Wanda. 

"We know exactly what Bucky did, Y/N" Wanda said, "I looked in Bucky's head after he refused to explain himself, short of playing a recording of you having a conversation with someone on the phone. What we don't know though is whether or not he is wrong or right about you still planning to kill Nat." 

Y/N laughed, shaking their head in disbelief. This was ridiculous. 

"Really? You think I am still trying to kill you?" Y/N directed the question at Natalia, "You think I was lying to you? That I lied about my feelings for you?" 

"Who were you talking to on the phone?" Nat tried to keep her expression neutral as she looked at Y/N, not answering their questions. 

"Maze" Y/N answered. 

"What were you planning Y/N?" Wanda asked the question this time. 

"So y'all are the worlds mightiest heros and apparently the collection of the smartest minds on earth and you're telling me you can't figure it out?" Y/N couldn't help smirking slightly.