Chapter Thirty

Four Months Later

The world passed Y/N in a blur as they sped through the streets, pushing the motorbike to it's top speed as they weaved in between the late night traffic. It was a Friday night and that meant everyone was out, ready to drink away whatever the week had thrown at them. Y/N was heading to the club, they'd been out of town for a couple of days following up some leads but it hadn't been as informative as they had been hoping. 

Taking a sharp left, Y/N mounted the pavement ignoring the shouts of complaint from various people. A few moments later and they were pulling up outside the rear of Dimitri's club and there already waiting for them were Maze and Rhys. 

"You two look like parents ready to scald their run away child" Y/N joked as they pulled off their helmet and grinned widely at the pair of them. 

"Can you blame us? You wouldn't let us come with you and now you're two hours late getting back here. We thought you were in a ditch somewhere" Maze complained as she stalked over to Y/N. 

"Well actually I had my money on you being in a strip club or shacked up in some swanky hotel with another lady friend" Rhys smirked as he pushed off from the wall he was leaning against, his muscular frame emphasized by the skin hugging black shirt he was wearing. 

Y/N laughed and playfully punched Rhys before he grabbed them in a bear hug, lifting them easily off the motorbike. 

"Hey come on put me down now" Y/N patted Rhys on the back. 

Chuckling Rhys set Y/N back down on the ground carefully. He was glad that they were back, nobody had wanted to say it out loud but there had definitely been some concern about Y/N going off on their own for the first time since they had returned to Budapest with them all. things had been pretty rough for the first month, Y/N had rarely left Maze's apartment and there were times it seemed like Y/N wasn't going to be able to pull themself out of the dark twisted place they had sunk into. 

To all their relief though things had begun to slowly improve and Y/N had begun training with Rhys which had seemed to help refocus them. Then they had started coming by the club more, which Dimitri had been delighted with, he'd always said that everyone behaved themselves far better  when they knew that Y/N, a deadly ex black widow mercenary was hanging out there. 

Maze had been more than happy to spend her nights and days off hanging out with Y/N, it had felt like old times having her best friend back. She didn't push Y/N to talk about things, but was always willing to listen on the occasions that Y/N had wanted too. 

"Any luck with the leads in Berlin?" Maze asked as the three of them used the rear entrance to the underground part of the nightclub. 

"No, the track went cold. She knows how to disappear and remain hidden once her business is completed" Y/N signed as they ran a hand through their hair. 

"We'll find her Y/N, keep ya chin up" Rhys gave them a warm smile as he held the set of double doors that led into the main corridor open for the pair of them. 

"Why don't we go and get very drunk?" Maze offered with a wicked grin. 

Y/N was just about to agree to that plan when Dimitri appeared in the doorway of his office. He was dressed in his usual tailored black suit, his hair swept backwards and that easy smile was tugging at the edges of his lips. 

"Y/N welcome back, could I have a quick word?" Dimitri asked casually as he brushed an invisible bit of dust off his jacket.

"Sure, everything okay? Is this about the the incident with the arms dealers last week?" Y/N asked offering a slightly apologetic look.