Chapter Twenty-Four

"Wanda on your left?!" Steve yelled as he dragged Sam out the way of a burning pile of rubble. 

The whole mission had descended into complete chaos in less than five minutes of them all entering the factory building. Wanda had managed to shield herself and Yelena when a pipe had burst next to them, shrapnel from it had hit Yelena but they'd managed to get out before any of the other explosions went off. 

Wanda spun around and her eyes immediately locked onto the people falling from a second floor window. Calling her magic to her, Wanda launched it forward, she willed it to wrap around them, working to slow their plummet toward the ground. 

"This Dreykov chick is a real damn piece of work" Tony grunted as he got FRIDAY to scan the building to see if there was anyone else trapped inside. 

"We should have seen it coming" Steve replied as he watched Wanda break the fall of the insane people that had jumped through the window. 

Yelena stumbled toward Wanda, wincing from the deep cut that ran down her leg. She watched as the two people were guided to the ground by Wanda's magic. As she got closer, Yelena noticed the red hair and the realisation hit her. Natasha, one of them was Natasha. 

"Nat! Holy shit! Nat!" Yelena forced herself to ignore the screaming pain in her leg as she tried to run. 

Y/N didn't know what they'd done to have had this kind of luck, that the particular window they would choose to jump out of would be on the side of the factory that the others had all managed to get to. They wouldn't question it though, not as they felt the solid ground beneath them, not when they'd been expecting to collide with it with bone break impact but instead they met it on their feet with Natalia still tucked safely in her arms. 

The sound of someone yelling had Y/N lift her gaze from Natalia for a moment to see Yelena stumbling toward them, closely followed by Wanda and then much to their annoyance Bucky Barnes was with them. 

Yelena came to a stop, her mouth dropping open slightly in confusion as she saw that the other person was Y/N. Y/N who they had all been told was dead, Maze had looked them all in the eye and said she hadn't been able to save Y/N. Clearly that had been some kind of messed up lie. 

"Y/N... How... How did you get here?" Wanda was the first one to speak as she approached Y/N. 

"It's a bit of a story, that I will explain but uh probably not standing next to a building that is falling down around us" Y/N replied with a half smile. 

"Put her down, right now" Bucky snarled as he pushed past Wanda and glared at Y/N, he hated seeing them being the one who had managed to get Nat out. 

Y/N glared back at him, tightening her arms around Nat. Like hell they were going to let the arsehol anywhere near her. They also hadn't forgotten about the fact Bucky had been all too eager to shoot at her that time in Stark Tower. 

"Did you hear me?! Put Nat down and get away from her" Bucky moved to grab hold of Y/N but as his arm reached out he found it wrenched backwards. 

Looking down he saw that a red glow had wrapped tightly around his vibranium arm. 

"That's enough Bucky" Wanda warned him before releasing his arm. 

Steve and Tony made their way over, Steve nodding slightly to Wanda appreciating her from stopping Bucky before he did something stupid. 

"Y/N I don't know how your crazy arse pulled this off, but why don't we get back to the jet and get Nat checked over?" Tony offered, trying to calm the obvious tension between everyone. 

"I'm not going back to the Raft" Y/N replied looking between them all. 

"Alright, we'll deal with Fury and Shield, you have my word Y/N" Steve nodded, before gesturing for Y/N to follow them.