Chapter Thirty-Three

Yelena glanced over her shoulder, since they had left the art gallery she had clocked the motorbike, it had stopped when they'd gone inside and then whoever was riding it had clearly underestimated Yelena because she had noticed it pick them back up five minutes after exiting. 

"Whoever is following us clearly doesn't care about us noticing" Yelena said to Wanda as they took a shortcut down a side street, heading in the direction of Dimitri's club. 

"It's Maze" Wanda replied having already used her powers to look into the mind of the rider. 

"Why is she stalking us?" Yelena asked raising an eyebrow. 

"My guess to find out if Y/N is with us, that or Dimitri isn't keen on having two Avengers strolling around the city without a pair of eyes on them" Wanda answered as they joined a main street. 

"Reckon she got the same text we did from Nat?" Yelena laughed slightly, "Telling us to mind our own business?" 

"Probably" Wanda nodded, "I doubt Maze is thrilled that Nat has turned up here after everything that went down." 

Yelena nodded slightly, the whole cabin thing had been a disaster, the whole team had messed that one up. So there was no doubt that Maze would still be holding a grudge against them for the treatment of her best friend. 

Stalking them through the city though, that wasn't something that Yelena was happy about, so with a quick turn to double back on themselves, Yelena came to a stop in the alley, crossing her arms as the motorbike came speeding toward them. 

The motorbike came to a skidding stop a few feet away from where Yelena and Wanda stood, neither of them impressed by the current situation. They waited as Maze pulled off her helmet and gave them both a dark glare. 

"Hello Mazikeen, so nice to see you. Care to explain why you're so interested in us?" Yelena asked arching a brow. 

"Where is Y/N?" Maze replied, skipping any form of pleasantries as she got off the motorbike. 

Yelena glanced over at Wanda, who she could tell was already prepared to throw a magic shield up between them should Maze want to make the mistake of fighting with them here. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that, Nat would be furious with them. 

"I think you're well aware of the fact that Y/N is with Nat" Yelena rolled her eyes, "Do you think we're here to kidnap Y/N or something? Is that why you're stalking us?" 

Maze snarled at Yelena, annoyance flashing in her eyes. 

"Okay, I really do not feel like having a fight today, so why don't we just take a breath" Wanda warned the pair of them, "I get that you're upset Mazikeen about what Dimitri has done and Nat being here, but I promise you that there is no bad intentions. We all want our friends to be happy, and they make each other happy so we should all respect that and give them the chance to figure things out." 

Looking between the other two women, Maze sighed, she didn't want to admit that the witch was right but she was. Y/N was a grown up and could make their own choices but that didn't stop Maze from worrying like hell about her best friend. 

"I'm all for respect, but when were you intending on sharing the information you have on Bucky Barnes and his involvement with Dreykov? Because that doesn't seem respectful to be keeping that to yourselves?" Maze questioned them with an arched brow. 

"How do you know about that?!" Yelena asked a look of shock flickering across her face. 

"You Avengers aren't the only ones with spying talents" Maze shrugged slightly.

"Is that really information you just want to just casually handover to Y/N? Do you really think it would be good for them to know this right now?" Wanda asked, she was concerned enough about Nat finding out but she doubted that Y/N had been in a great mental place after coming back to Budapest and something like this could tip the delicate scales and push Y/N backwards.