Chapter Fifteen

Nat winced slightly as she felt the hands grab hold of her, she had been ambushed during her mission and had since been blindfolded and handcuffed. They had bundled her into the back of a van and from what Nat could tell they'd finally arrived at their destination as they dragged her out of it. 

Whoever they were, they had known exactly where she would be and had managed to incapacitate her with tasers before she'd had a chance to fight back. There had been at least six masked people who had appeared in the alleyway. None of them had spoken a word to her then and it seemed they had no intentions of speaking to her now as they half walked and half dragged her along. 

"Second floor. She's waiting for you" A voice greeted them as they entered a building. 

"Understood" A voice to her left replied before they started moving again. 

Nat's mind was racing, trying to put the pieces together and figure out who the heck it was that had done this. Since putting Y/N in the Raft things had been quiet, there had been no further information from Shield or from their own research that had suggested who Y/N had been working or and if they were still after Natasha. 

So the team had carried on with their own missions, which is how Nat had ended up in Budapest following up a lead on an illegal trade of Alien weaponry. She had been happy for the distraction, since everything that had happened in the safehouse, Nat had been struggling with not going to the Raft to see Y/N. The others had all made it clear that it wouldn't be a good idea, that Nat needed to stay away from Y/N now but every day she'd had to fight the temptation to go. 

Nat had seen the look on Y/N's face, seen the change in their eyes as they had stood in the safehouse and it broke her knowing that in that moment she had seen the Y/N that she had loved for all this time. That there had been a chance there that Y/N was finally understanding that what they had believe for all these years had been poisoned lies. 

If Steve hadn't come to her with this mission, Nat knew she would have gone to the Raft, that it would have been impossible to resist that pull, that need to see Y/N. To truly know whether or not Y/N felt anything for her still. Now though, Nat wasn't entirely sure if she was ever going to get the chance, not if she didn't find a way to get out of the situation she was in. 

The two people that had hold of her, forced Nat down into a chair, then she heard their footsteps fade away and a door slam shut behind them. They had left her blindfolded and the handcuffs still bit into the skin around her wrists, they hadn't cared about how tightly they'd applied them. Clearly they knew that it would be a risk to give her any room to be able to maneuver. 

"Ah Natalia Romanoff, the traitor here in the flesh. I did not think it would be so easy to get hold of you, but clearly all these years away have made you weak" A female voice filled the room, their words wrapped in a faint Russian accent. 

Nat frowned slightly, the voice was familiar but she couldn't quite place where she had heard it before. The sound of heels clicking on the floor, echoed around the room as the female the voice belonged to circled around the chair that Nat was sitting in. A moment later and the blindfold that had been put on her fell away, Nat squinted slightly against the sudden brightness of the room. 

"What do you want?" Nat asked as she waited for the other woman to reveal herself. 

"Well if I'm honest I wanted you dead but that didn't exactly go to plan" the woman replied as she remained standing behind Nat, "But now you've again taken something from me and I would like them back." 

"Y/N..." Nat said quietly realising that whoever had taken her was the person who had hired Y/N. 

"Yes Agent Komarova." The woman finally moved round and came to stand in front of Nat.