Chapter Seventeen

Rage flowed freely through Y/N as they shoved people out of their way, Dimitri had tried to hide information from them about Natalia. It had been foolish to think that Dimitri would have remained on their side, clearly someone had made him an offer that was too good to resist. Y/N planned to make him pay for the mistake. 

"Y/N, slow down, let's not jump to any conclusions" Wanda called after them, reaching out to grab their arm. 

Y/N spun around, pulling their arm from Wanda's reach, their usually dark hazel eyes were now glowing like molten lava as the fury grew in them. Wanda looked completely shocked, it was the first time since meeting the witch that Y/N had ever seen her lose her usually calm and collected composure. 

Yelena and Clint both had similar expressions on their own faces as the stood on either side of Wanda and looked at Y/N. No doubt they were trying to figure out what the hell Y/N was, but this was not the time to have that discussion, not when Dimitri had already been out of their sights for long enough. 

Turning back around, Y/N forced open the metal doors at the back of the club and stormed down the hallway, ignoring the yells coming from more of Dimitri's security as they appeared rooms than ran along the corridor. 

"I'll give you one warning to the get the fuck out of my way" Y/N snapped at the six men as they tried to block the door at the end, the door that Y/N knew led into Dimitri's private office. 

Y/N lifted their arm and with a thought summoned burning flames in the palm of their hands, the fire flickered and danced around their fingers. They didn't care about the fact they had revealed their powers to Wanda, Yelena and Clint, it had been bound to happen at some point, though Y/N had hoped it wouldn't have been so soon into their mission. 

Y/N was a mutant, like Dimitri. Their powers had been discovered by the Red Room, Y/N had yet again disobeyed an instructor during a class which had led to them being dragged away for 'correcting'. Which in the Red Room meant excruciating physical punishment, it was their way to break the spirit and the body of the widows in training, to get them to comply. 

They had been beating Y/N over and over again with a wooden cane, splitting the skin on their back repeatedly. The build up of fall the fear, stress and trauma had activated Y/N's X-Gene. As the cane had struck again, Y/N had erupted in uncontrollable flames. The two instructors in the room hadn't stood a chance of surviving as the fire had raged around Y/N, for five whole minutes the flames had raged consuming everything in the room, everything apart from Y/N. 

When Dreykov had been informed of what had happened, Y/N had been told that if they uttered a single word to any of the other widows or used their abilities, a bullet would be put through their head. They were only to use their powers when it suited the Red Room. The threat had been the main reason Y/N had never told Natalia about what had happened, if Dreykov was willing to kill them, then he wouldn't hesitate to kill Natalia for knowing. 

"Not gonna happen Y/N" One of the men said as he raised a gun toward them. 

"Fine have it your way" Y/N growled through gritted teeth as the flame in their hand grew more violent. 

Before Y/N could unleash the flames, the men in front of them suddenly dropped to the floor. Looking round, Y/N saw the red tendrils of magic in Wanda's hands, it looked similar to their own flames the way it writhed around her fingers. 

"They're unconscious. I figured that would be a less permanent way to remove them from our way" Wanda told Y/N as her eyes studied the fire in Y/N's hands. 

"Just what we needed, a psychopath with fire. What could possibly go wrong" Yelena muttered as she dropped her own gun back to her side. 

"Maybe best not to antagonise said psychopath" Clint warned with a frown, there had definitely been nothing in the files on Y/N that had mentioned this.