Chapter Eighteen

Y/N paced around the hotel room, their mind was all over the place, so much had happened in the last twenty-four hours. From Wanda and Yelena turning up on the Raft, to finding out that Natalia was missing and now learning that Antonia Dreykov was the one responsible.

A knock on the room door pulled Y/N from their thoughts, reaching for the gun on the desk they moved across the room and opened the door slightly. They relaxed slightly when they found Wanda waiting on the other side of the door.

"Have you got a location for her?" Y/N asked as they stepped back and let Wanda into the room.

"No, I just thought I'd come and see how you were doing" Wanda replied as she walked in closing the door behind her.

"You're checking up on me? I thought that was the point of this" Y/N gestured to the rune on their arm, "So you know that I haven't tried to run off."

Wanda sighed as she lent against the wall, her eyes falling on Y/N. When they had arrived at the hotel, Y/N hadn't said a single word to the the three of them since they had made it out of the club. She hadn't needed to her powers to know that Y/N was struggling with everything that had happened. So Wanda had left Clint and Yelena to work on tracing the number and come to see Y/N.

Whilst Wanda didn't fully trust Y/N, she knew that this was someone that Nat cared about deeply and since Nat was her closest friend Wanda would do what she could to look out for Y/N. To make sure that the pair of them would get to see each other again and work out the things that had been left unsaid between them.

"Yes that is the point of the rune, but what I was trying to say is that I came to see how you were feeling after what happened in the club" Wanda explained as she watched Y/N wander over to the window.

Y/N frowned slightly as they looked at at the city, it had been a long time since anyone had asked them how they were feeling or had cared enough to check in on them. Their life hadn't been one filled with a family or friends, not like the life Natalia had seemed to of found after leaving the Red Room.

"I'm fine" Y/N said after a moment.

"That didn't really sound very convincing and clearly something is bothering you because you've had plenty of times to make an inappropriate comment about me turning up to your hotel room and haven't" Wanda said with a slight laugh, "You can talk to me Y/N, I know trusting people is hard for you and I get it but maybe that could change. I mean if you wanted it to"

Y/N slowly turned around and let their hazel eyes settle on Wanda, they considered what she had said and then shook their head slightly. It would be stupid to trust her, to believe that Wanda didn't see them as anything more than a 'chaotic psychopath' like her lover Yelena did. This was likely all just a ruse, a way to get them to drop their guard.

"What makes you think I would want to talk to you? The person who has branded me with some dark magic witch curse?" Y/N said with an arched brow as they walked over to the mini fridge and pulled out four small bottles of vodka from it.

"Last I checked you didn't exactly have many people queuing up to talk to you, not sure you can really be too fussy" Wanda countered a she moved and sat down on the end of the bed.

Y/N let out a huff of annoyance, clearly Wanda had no intentions of leaving them alone any time soon. Finding a glass, Y/N poured two of the bottle of vodka into it before adding some ice from the bucket that room service had delivered moments before Wanda had shown up.

"We'll find her Y/N" Wanda said gently.

Lifting the glass to their lips, Y/N knocked back the vodka before slamming the class down onto the table, their muscles tensing at the mention of Natalia. This whole situation was all their fault, their stupid fault for holding onto so much anger and hatred for Natalia, to the point they had been ready to kill her for someone the moment they'd offered enough money. If they had just stopped, for a moment, considered that maybe Natalia had an explanation then they wouldn't have led Antonia Dreykon right to her.