Chapter Thirty-Four

"I thought Y/N and Nat were suppose to be meeting us here?" 

Wanda looked up as Yelena walked over to the table, holding two drinks she'd helped herself to from behind the bar. They had arrived at Dimitri's club with Maze, who had promptly stalked off to find out where exactly Dimitri and Rhys were, which had left Wanda and Yelena to wait up in the main area of the club. 

"They were, I'll text Nat again and see how far away they are" Wanda replied as she took the drink from Yelena who sat down beside her. 

"I mean I can probably take a wild guess as to why they're late" Yelena laughed before taking a sip of her drink. 

'Hey Nat, are you heading to the club? x'

Wanda hit send and watched the screen as a bubble appeared showing that Nat was already typing back. 

'We were but then Steve messaged me and said it was urgent. We're going to meet him now. I thought he would have messaged you two as well?'

"That can't be right, we literally spoke to Steve when we got here and he said he was heading out to grab dinner with Tony and Pepper" Yelena said as she saw the response from Nat. 

"We need to find Maze and the other two now" Wanda got up from the booth they'd been sitting at, "Whoever text Nat is leading the pair of them into a trap." 

"Fuck" Yelena cursed as she grabbed her vest and pulled it back on, before following Wanda to go and find the others. 

Wanda tried calling Nat's phone as they walked but found that it wouldn't connect. 

**

Y/N eased off the gas letting the motorbike roll to a stop outside the address that Nat had given to them from Steve's message. It was in the business district and the building was a towering glass skyscraper, from Y/N's memory it had been one of the first ones built in the city and they were certain it was owned my a pharmaceutical company. 

It seemed like a strange place to have suggested as a meeting place, but Y/N figured there would be some reason for Steve to want to meet them here. Taking off their helmet, Y/N hung it on the handlebar of the motorbike before turning to look at Nat who had climbed off the back and was looking up at the building. 

"Seems more the kind of place Stark would hangout at" Nat said as she studied the outside of the building, automatically noting the four armed security guards that stood at the entrance and the various cameras that appeared to monitor all approaches to the building. 

"You sure about this?" Y/N asked unable to shake the sense that something wasn't quite right. 

Nat turned to look over at Y/N, she reached out and took their hand.

"Steve wouldn't have come all this way if it wasn't something serious, I promise once its sorted out I'm really going to be all yours. I'll take that break and we can figure out what our lives together are going to look like" Nat assured Y/N with a warm smile as she lent in and pressed a light kiss to Y/N's cheek. 

They started to walking toward the buildings entrance when Nat's phone buzzed, checking it quickly she saw the message from Wanda. She was surprised that Wanda and Yelena hadn't also been contacted by Steve, but maybe there was a reason for that. Replying quickly, Nat slipped the phone back into her pocket as her and Y/N were ushered into the building by the two security guards. 

The guards led them toward the elevator and swiped an access card to open the doors. 

"He's waiting for you on floor ten" One of the guards said gesturing for Y/N and Nat to step into the elevator.