Chapter Six

⚠️ TW - Torture/Blood ⚠️ 

--

It had taken a good few hours to get everyone out safely and then ensure that the repairs had been carried out to maintain the buildings structural integrity. Once it was done the whole team headed back to the compound. Fury and Hill had been informed as to what had happened and were planning on meeting them all back there. 

Natasha could feel Bucky staring at her as they all sat in silence in the SUV that had arrived to take them all back. After Yelena had taken her gun from her, Natasha had simply turned and walked away, offering no further explanation to any of them as to why she had stopped them from being able to get to Y/N. 

There was some attempts at small talk between some of the team members on the way back, it was obvious that people were trying to avoid the topic that they really wanted to talk about. Natasha rested her head against the window, watching as the city rushed by. Y/N was out there somewhere and all Natasha could think about was whether or not they had been hit by any of the shots Bucky had fired. 

She replayed their conversation in her mind, the way that Y/N had been so adamant that she had betrayed them and only cared about herself, it had really hurt Natasha. The pain and resentment had been a raging storm in Y/N's eyes. Natasha wanted to believe that the Y/N she had known was still in there somewhere, but after tonight it didn't seem like that was possible. The only thing that had given Natasha some sort of hope was that Y/N hadn't attacked her, hadn't made a move to carry out her assignment of killing her. 

That could be down to the fact that Y/N just wanted to torture and play mind games with her, or perhaps there was a smallest of chances that something was holding Y/N back from doing it. Natasha sighed and pulled herself out of the depths of her thoughts as the SUV pulled through the front gates of the compound. 

"Look you know I would keep it secret, the whole Y/N being there tonight and you pointing a gun at us but something tells me that Birdman and Mcstarealot aren't going to. So what are you going to do?" Yelena spoke quietly as she got out of the SUV behind Natasha. 

"I'll tell the team" Nat replied as she looked at Yelena, "But I'm making it clear that nobody hurts Y/N, not unless it is absolutely necessary. We bring them in and figure out what's going on." 

"Well something tells me that Y/N isn't exactly going to hand themselves in willingly" Yelena said as they headed inside, "You have that look on your face, the one where you're planning to do something you shouldn't." 

"Y/N thinks they're too smart to be found, they think that this is going to be done on their terms. They've forgotten that you and I have gone through the exact same training, we can find them before anyone else does" Nat said keeping her voice low so that nobody else overheard. 

"Right, so what's the plan when we do find this crazy sociopath bitch? Again I don't think they're one to sit down and talk things out" Yelena wanted to support her sister but couldn't help but be slightly concerned that Nat wasn't thinking this through. 

Wanda appeared behind the pair of them, grabbing each of them by the arm and dragging them into one of the empty rooms. Closing the door behind them, Wanda narrowed her eyes at them both, arms folded over her chest. 

"If what I have just overheard in your very loud minds is true, then there is no way I am letting the pair of you go off on some crazy plan without me" Wanda said as they both looked at her. 

Yelena glanced at Nat and gave her a slight shrug, she didn't have an issue with Wanda coming along. After all the other woman was a badass witch who could probably take Y/N out before they had a chance to blink.