Chapter Thirteen

Two Months Later

Y/N sat with their back pressed against the back wall of the cell, their legs stretched out in front of them. With a flick of her wrist they threw the small rubber ball and watched as it bounced off the reinforced glass front of the cell, with ease they caught it as it came back. They had lost track of how many hours had passed, time moved strangely on the Raft both disappearing in a blink but also feeling like forever. 

The only interaction Y/N had in a day was with the alternating guards who would deliver food and water. Other than that the time spent there was in total silence, the cells spread out and sound proofed to ensure that prisoners weren't able to interact with one another. Not that Y/N was particularly interested in making friends with any of the other prisoners. 

Throwing the rubber ball again, Y/N sighed. Not for the first time that day their mind wandered back to the safehouse, to those final moments with Natalia. Something had broken inside Y/N when they had listened to Natalia so willing to sacrifice herself, to put and end to the toxic game they had been playing. Over and over again Y/N repeated the words that she had said to them 'I loved you, Y/N, I've never stopped loving you.' 

Y/N winced in pain as they shot their arm out to catch the ball. The doctors on the Raft hadn't particularly cared about patching up the arrow wounds that Clint had inflicted all to well. So now Y/N had a painful ugly knotted scar on their shoulder and upper thigh. They were constant reminders of their mistakes. 

None of the Avengers had returned to the Raft after delivering Y/N there. Natalia had never turned up, not even once. Y/N had been sure that she would, but after the first few weeks went by that hope of seeing Natalia had began to flicker out. Now it was completely extinguished. 

Y/N hated themselves, more than ever and guessed it was a fitting punishment to be trapped in this cage with nothing but their own thoughts and memories to haunt them. On multiple occasions they had woken up screaming from the nightmares that refused to let them have any real rest. This was likely going to be where they remained for the rest of their miserable existence, they had branded them a terrorist, a threat to society and there would be no legal trial to determine Y/N's guilt. No Shield and the Avengers had decided that themselves. 

There was also no chance of the person who had hired them for this assignment breaking them out of this place. No that would cause far to many headaches for them, plus it wasn't like there wasn't a large amount of mercenaries out there who would readily take Y/N's place and probably for considerably less money. 

Pushing up from the floor, Y/N began to pace around the small room trying to work out some of the frustration and restlessness in their body. As they turned and went to walk another lap of the room the motion of doors opening at the end of the hallway that led to the row of cells that Y/n was held in caught their attention. 

Coming to a pause, Y/N turned, their dark hazel eyes straining to make out the shadowy figures that were now making their way down the hallway, directly toward Y/N's cell. The guards had already been on their rounds and it was at least another few hours before they would be due again. 

Y/N couldn't hide the surprise as the two figures came to a stop in front of the glass of the cell. 

Wanda Maximoff and Yelena Belova. 

Certainly not two people Y/N had expected to at the top of their visitors list. 

"I still don't think this is a good idea" Yelena said to Wanda as they stopped walking, even though Y/N was locked in an unbreakable cell Yelena still positioned herself protectively a step in front of Wanda. 

"We're out of options and believe me if there was anyone else to go to then we wouldn't be here. Let's just see how it goes, if it's clear that it won't work then we'll leave and figure out something else, okay?" Wanda said softly as she looked at Yelena.