Chapter Thirty-One

Y/N led Natalia out of the office, holding her hand loosely in their own. They glanced toward the door that led up to the club, relieved to see that Dimitri must have been able to keep Maze and Rhys distracted still, since nobody had come charging through the door. There was no doubt in Y/N's mind that when Maze found out all hell would break loose, but they would worry about dealing with that later. 

They stepped out into the area at the back of the club and Y/N headed over to where they had left their motorbike parked. Reluctantly, Y/N let go of Natalia's hand as they reached for the helmet hanging from the handle bars. 

"Here you go" Y/N held the helmet out to Nat. 

"What about you?" Nat asked as she took the helmet from Y/N. 

"Pretty sure you're more valuable than I am, so you get the helmet" Y/N replied with a slight smile as they got onto the bike, "I'll drive sensibly, promise." 

Nat just rolled her eyes and put the helmet on before getting onto the bike, her arms slipping around Y/N's waist as the motorbike roared to life. It felt like at any moment she would wake up and this would all be a dream, that she hadn't actually come to Budapest and wasn't this close to Y/N. But as Y/N drove them through the city, Nat pressed herself against them, realising that this was real and by some kind of luck Y/N hadn't thrown her out of the club. 

It was a short ride through the city, to the luxury hotel that Dimitri also owned and he had recently given Y/N use of the penthouse suite there. Whilst they had been spending most of their time at Maze's apartment it had been nice to have somewhere that was there own space, a place to go when they just needed a little time to themselves. 

Y/N pressed the small button on the end the side of the motorbike which had the electronic gates that led into the underground parking slide open. They navigated through the parking garage to the space that was reserved for the penthouse suite. 

"Who knows that you came here?" Y/N asked Nat as they walked toward the elevator. 

"Yelena, Wanda and Steve" Nat replied, "I didn't want everyone getting involved again so the three of them have been sworn to secrecy until I say otherwise." 

After how things had turned out the last time the whole team had been involved, Nat had been cautious to not make the same mistake this time round. That and if she'd turned up here and Y/N had turned her away, she hadn't wanted to explain that to everyone. 

"Are they here in Budapest?" Y/N stepped into the elevator, hitting the button for the penthouse suite. 

Nat nodded as she stepped into the elevator and leant against the wall, looking over at Y/N as the doors closed. She had tried to convince Yelena and Wanda to stay back home but neither of them would back down, they wanted to be there just in case things went really south. 

"Wanda and Yelena are here but they are technically also on a mission. So they won't be interfering or at least they promised that they wouldn't" Nat admitted.

"We'll see how long that lasts" Y/N chuckled slightly, they'd only met the other two women for a short time but had definitely got the sense that they were very protective when it came to Nat. Y/N figured it was no different to how Maze and Rhys were with them. 

"They mean well really, they just can't help fussing a little" Nat smiled softly. 

"It's okay I get it" Y/N nodded as they glanced over at Nat. 

A few seconds later and the elevator doors opened into the penthouse suite. It was the kind of place that looked like it belonged in some fancy architecture magazine, Dimitri certainly had not skimped on the price when it had come to furnishing the massive open planned living space.