Chapter Nineteen

Yelena burst through the hotel room door, quickly followed by Clint. The pair of them took in the scene in front of them, Wanda was kneeling on the floor, a pool of blood was seeping into the crème coloured carpet. Yelena then saw Y/N and realised the blood was coming from them and not Wanda.

"What the fuck!" Yelena cursed as she rushed over to Wanda's side, whilst she was relieved it wasn't Wanda's blood, she was still concerned at by the state of Y/N. 

Clint moved and crossed the room, reaching the shattered window, peering out he tried to spot any movement. To see if he could find any clue as to where the person responsible was hiding. But there was nothing, just total darkness and the sound of the city below. Whoever had taken the shot had been quick to get away.

"We need a hospital and possibly a miracle as well" Yelena mumbled as she assessed the gunshot wound going through Y/Ns chest.

"Dimitri..." Y/N gasped through laboured breaths, they couldn't feel the pain now, their body was starting to go numb.

"Not sure now is the right time to want to go clubbing Y/N" Yelena frowned as she pulled out a small medical kit and started pushing pieces of gauze into the wound.

Yelena watched as the blood carried on seeping through, no matter how much she packed the wound with the bandages. Whilst she was certainly not Y/N's number one fan, Yelena knew that if Y/N died then her sister would fall apart and that was something Yelena wouldn't allow to happen. So she would do anything to make sure Y/N pulled through this.

"Dimitri... help..." Y/N used every last bit of strength they had left to force the words out.

"Okay I'm inclined to say that we listen and get the hell out of here before whoever did this finds out they didn't actually finish the job" Clint said as he came over from the window.

"I didn't have time to stop it, they waited until I'd turned around and I wouldn't see the bullet coming" Wanda said as she looked to Yelena.

"Hey, no blaming yourself. You can't stop every bullet that flies at one of us" Yelena said gently as she helped Wanda stand up, "Though im glad you stopped the one that Y/N aimed for my head."

Clint leant down and scooped Y/N up from the floor, he held them close as they all headed out of the room. As soon as they got to Dimitri's club he was going to get a message to Steve, this mission was going to need some back up, especially if Y/N was benched.

A painfully slow elevator ride later and they emerged into the underground hotel car park. Yelena pulled open the back door of the car and helped Clint lay Y/N across the back seats.

"No dying Y/N, do you hear me? I still have had a chance to kick your arse for flirting my girlfriend" Yelena said as she climbed in next to them to carry on applying pressure to the wound.

Clint got into the driver's seat and a few moments later they were speeding through the streets of Budapest. They ignored the blast of car horns and yells of anger as they jumped traffic lights and cut up traffic. Clint brought the car to a skidding stop at the entrance to the alley, their sudden arrival didn't go unnoticed as several of Dimitri's men made their way down the alley with guns drawn.

"You can put those down. We're not here to cause trouble. We need Dimitri now, Y/N needs help urgently" Wanda said with a look of warning that let the men know they wouldn't stand a chance against them.

"Get out of the way!" Rhys the guard that Y/N has been friendly with earlier pushed through the group, "Where's Y/N? What have you done with them?"

Clint opened the backdoor of the car, revealing Yelena leaning over Y/N, blood now soaking her hands and arms from the attempts to patch up the wound. Y/N's skin was a deathly pale colour and their breathing had become desperate rasps as they struggled to cling on to consciousness.