CHAPTER 4

It is the day of wedding, the day when the generation long enmity between Chandrapuri and Hastinapur will come to an end.

Dusshala was getting ready by the maids. She looked extremely beautiful in the garments of wedding which were given to her by Arjun.

"Dusshala ?" Arjun knocked on the door.

"Bhratashree ? Come." Dusshala smiled.

Arjun came in and stopped for a moment seeing her, his sister in attire of a bride. The smile plastered on his face widened as he went towards her and kissed her forehead affectionately.

"My sister is all grown up now...." Arjun smiled looking at her.

"But I will still be your little sister Bhrata. Always." Dusshala said.

"I know dear..... I know.... Come, it's time for the marriage to take place. Your soon to be husband is waiting in the wedding podium." Arjun said.

Dusshala nodded and stood up, Arjun smiled holding her hand and taking her to the Mandap where all were waiting for her.

Everyone smiles seeing her especially the rest of the Pandavas and Kauravas as she comes Kunti and Gandhari hand her the flower garland.

Dusshala grabs it and looks at Agnimitra who was also holding a flower garland in hand. She walks towards him and raise her garland as he bends down so she can make him wear it.

After she garlanded him, Agnimitra also puts the garland around her neck as the rest shower flowers at them. Dusshala smiles that now they both have accepted each other as Husband and wife.

Both of them then sat down at the Mandap as the pandit started reciting the mantras. Soon Dhritrashtra comes forward and does the Kanyadaan by giving his Gotra to the sacrificial fire and Agnimitra taking Dusshala in his gotra.

Then he takes sindoor and fills the parting of her hair, as Kunti holds her maangtika up.

Dusshala smiles closing her eyes feeling a little vermilion falling on her nose. Next, the gathbandhan is performed signifying that both bride and groom are now tied to each other.

This bond of their was then made even pure by 7 vows they took while doing the feras, for the first 4 he was ahead and then for the 3 she was.

And after the fera, Dusshala comes and stands on his left side, becoming the Vamangi. The wedding was now complete, lastly they both took the blessings of the elders, felicitating their marriage.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Humble request - Don't go for the accuracy of marriage rituals, me has never payed attention to it 😅😅