CHAPTER 16

It has been months since the war between Magadh and Chandrapuri has started. It seemed endless, both the sides were incurring heavy loss but neither of the two cruel kings were ready to give up.

In Chandrapur, everyone kept praying for the safety of their king. Padmavati made the sages perform yagya for the well-being of Agnimitra.

Dusshala kept praying to Narayan, begging him to keep her husband safe and ensure his victory. He was cruel but he was also the sheild which will keep everyone in Chandrapuri safe.

From day to night, Dusshala was busy and got no rest. She had to act as regent and take care of everything in the Kingdom, from the smallest matters of the court to state policies.

Elsewhere on the battlefield, in the camp of Agnimitra, his ministers and Senapati were trying to convince him to back away.

"Maharaj, everyday thousands of soldiers are dying because of the war." One minister said.

"It is a war, soldiers will die." Agnimitra said sharpening his sword.

"They don't have to if we back away." Another minister said.

The very next moment he found Agnimitra's sword on his neck causing him to gasp.

"Pushyakul doesn't back away. And one more time you ask me this then my sword will bathe from your blood." Agnimitra said pulling his sword back.

"Maharaj, try to understand. This war is going longer than it should, the treasury of Chandrapur will be exhausted." Senapati said.

"You have a point. So let's end this war today only." Agnimitra said.

"But the sun has set." Senapati said.

"Pre-empting the enemy is the best way to defeat them." Agnimitra said smirking.

He went outside as Senapati and the ministers followed him. Agnimitra grabbed his bow and stood in front of their tents, from where the camp of Magadh was visible.

Agnimitra raised his bow, pulls his string and summons a fiery arrow. He aims it at the tents of Magadh and let's go of the string.

The arrow multiplies in number mid-air and it all falls on the tents of Magadh like fiery meteors. The inhabitants of the tent come outside panicking.

Agnimitra started laughing seeing it, while the Senapati and ministers looked at him with disbelief.

"Maharaj.... Attacking the enemy after sunset is adharm." Senapati said.

"Do I look like I care ? And besides the war is over now, tomorrow Jarasandh will retreat." Agnimitra said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Can we officially declare Agnimitra to be much worse than Jarasandh, Jaydrath, Shishupal and Rukmi ?

Yet he cannot beat Corndev.... Very cruel Agnimitra is indeed but atleast he wouldn't offer Dusshala to his soldiers 🌝🌝🌝