CHAPTER 23

The court of Chandrapuri was in session, Agnimitra was sitting on the throne because a messanger from Panchal had come.

"A thousand salutes to the king of Chandrapuri, the Samrat of Pushyakul." The messanger said.

"What message has Maharaj Drupad sent ?" Agnimitra asked.

"An invitation." The messanger said.

"To what ?" Agnimitra asked.

"Maharaj Drupad is inviting you to participate in the Swayamvar of Rajkumari Draupadi, that will be held on the next full moon." The messanger said.

"I suggest Maharaj should go to strengthen state relations." A minister said.

"Yes Maharaj you should go." Another minister said.

"Fine. Tell Maharaj Drupad that he can be ready to welcome Chandrapur-naresh." Agnimitra said.

He stood up, and the rest of the people of the court did to and bowed before him as he left. And with him the news of what happened at the court.

Listening to that Padmavati had enough, she cannot let Agnimitra again ruin the life of someone, after Dusshala and Kalyani.

She stomped into his room and found him, lying on his bed as few women massaged his body.

"A little lower on the leg.... Ah yes...yes..." He muttered enjoying.

"Agnimitra !" Padmavati called.

Seeing her the ladies surrounding him stood up as Agnimitra looked at Padmavati.

"What ?" He asked.

"You have agreed to the invitation for the swayamvar that has come from Panchal. But I hope you're not thinking about participating." Padmavati said.

"Why won't I participate ?" He asked.

"You have already ruined the life of Dusshala and Kalyani." Padmavati said.

"I had taken revenge from Hastinapur, for bloodshed, for death of Jyesht. You should've been happy." Agnimitra said.

"Ruining a life of an innocent woman for revenge will never make me happy. This is the loyalty of one woman to another." Padmavati said. Agnimitra chuckled.

"Whatever. And I don't think I ruined the life of Kalyani. She would've been married to a lowly merchant, but now she is the queen of Chandrapuri." Agnimitra said.

"You are being delusional here. But listen to me, you will not participate in the Swayamvar of Panchal, and this is my order." Padmavati said sternly.

Agnimitra closed his eyes and took a deep breath in anger. He then looked at Padmavati.

"Fine. I will not participate. But I will take Dusshala and Kalyani with me." He said.

"Why them ?" Padmavati frowned.

"What will Drupad think that Chandrapur-naresh came for ? Atleast I will have an excuse that I am here to spend time with my wives, a leisure trip." Agnimitra said.

"But don't even dare to do anything with them." Padmavati warned.

"No promises." Agnimitra chuckled.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

The Swayamvar of Draupadi was the turning point of the Dwapar Yug, and it will also be the turning point of this story 😉😉