CHAPTER 22

It is the next morning, Kalyani was sleeping in her room after a fearful night. Suddenly she was woken up by a knock at the door.

She sat straight up but was afraid to open the door, not knowing who was behind it.

"Kalyani ? It's me Dusshala !" She called knocking.

Kalyani sighed in relief, then went towards the door and opened it. Dusshala came in and looked at her worriedly.

"Are you well ? Is everything fine ? Did he do something ?" Dusshala asked.

"With the grace of Narayan nothing happened." Kalyani said.

"Oh thank Narayan." Dusshala said and hugged Kalyani.

"I am so glad that nothing happened." Dusshala said.

She then looked at Kalyani and gave her a smile.

"Now get ready for the day." Dusshala said and left.

- AFTERNOON -

Agnimitra hadn't come out of his room at all today. Neither did he come for breakfast, nor for lunch and neither for courtly matters.

Kalyani was relieved at that for she doesn't have to face him but the rest were worried. He has never slept till so late.

"Dusshala, I think you should go and see whether Agnimitra is fine or not." Padmavati said.

"Me ? A-Alright." Dusshala agreed.

She got up and went towards the bhavan of Kings. On her way, the memories of last time flooded her brain.

Will she also see him sleeping with several women today also ? Or will she see him drinking and intoxicated ? That scene from last time was still fresh, the wounds on her mind and soul was still unhealed, just supressed.

She reached in front of his closed door, she knocked but received no response, she knocked again but still silence pervaded. Dusshala took a deep breath and then pushed the door open.

She frowned seeing Agnimitra sitting on the ground, his head resting on the bed. His hands were over his face, covering it from the sunlight, coming from the window.

The condition of the room was very disheveled and untidy. The bedsheets were torn, the pillows were thrown everywhere.

The wine jug was on the ground and the madira was spilled on the floor. And the wine glass was lying below the dressing table along with shattered pieces of the broken mirror.

"A-Arya ?" Dusshala called taking a step towards him but he raised his hand, gesturing her to stop.

"Leave...." Agnimitra said in a trembling voice, not even looking at her.

"Are you fine ?" Dusshala asked.

"I said leave." Agnimitra said.

"Everyone is waiting for you." She said.

"Leave !" Agnimitra said.

"Bhabhishree has sent me here to bring you." Dusshala said.

"Leave before I lose control, Dusshala." Agnimitra said.

"I am not afraid of your anger, Maharaj." Dusshala said.

"DUSSHALA LEAVE !" Agnimitra exclaimed.

"Fine ! Stay in here !" Dusshala said and stomped out.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Really dude ? This hawas ka pujari doesn't get a lady for one night and gets all cranky..... breaking things... Have any idea how costly things are ? Bloody ungrateful.....