CHAPTER 10

It has been a week since the namesake marriage marriage alliance between Hastinapur and Chandrapuri took place. Dusshala has accepted the peculiarities of her fate, after she was consoled by Padmavati.

But trauma was still with her, but only affected her when she was reminded about it. Which luckily wasn't often, because she hardly got to see Agnimitra.

He would spend most of his time behind the closed doors of his room, pleasuring himself with the women and Madira. He'd only come out for the matters of court.

This saddened Dusshala but she would console herself that it was better than him being in front of her and be reminded of his revenge.

Most of her time was spent with Padmavati who genuinely cared for her like a mother or with Padmavija whose talks would make her forget all her grief.

Right now she was on her way to meet them only but suddenly was pulled aside by someone grabbing her wrist. Before Dusshala could contemplate anything, she found herself pinned on the wall.

And in front of her was Agnimitra, smirking at her. Seeing him her breath hitched.

"Long time no see, beautiful." He said.

Dusshala tried to leave but he kept his hand on the wall, stopping her way.

"Don't run from me, we both know you won't get far." Agnimitra said.

"W-what do you want Maharaj ?" Dusshala asked gathering up courage.

"Some delegates from Magadh will arrive today for bettering state relations." Agnimitra informed.

"So what will you do ? Marry their princess and do the same thing you did with me ?" Dusshala asked causing him to chuckle.

"No. But if you're so keen on me doing the 'thing' then maybe tonight, you and I..." Agnimitra said.

"Never ! Leave me alone !" Dusshala exclaimed pushing him away.

But before she could leave, he grabbed her upper arm and pulled her towards him.

"I am not finished yet Dusshala, don't test my patience cause you won't like the punishment." Agnimitra warned.

"Then come straight to the point." Dusshala said.

"Right. So as I was saying the delegates from Magadh will arrive today, and as my wife, the Maharani of Chandrapuri, it will be you who welcomes them." Agnimitra said.

"Will that be all ?" Dusshala asked.

"Yes." Agnimitra said letting go of her.

"Then Maharaj, I shall be at your service." Dusshala mocked.

"Very well." Agnimitra gestured her to leave.

Dusshala gave him a mocking smile and left.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Can there be any chemistry between these two ? What do you say ?