CHAPTER 24

The Grand Swayamvar was held in Panchal, guests from all around Bharatvarsh had come, some to participate, some to spectate.

Agnimitra had reached along with his wives Dusshala and Kalyani. Duryodhan, Shakuni and Karn had also come.

"How are you dear Dusshala ?" Duryodhan asked.

"I-I am fine Bhratashree." Dusshala lied with a smile.

"Chandrapur-naresh, are you also here to participate ?" Shakuni asked.

"No. Just here to spectate." Agnimitra said.

"Why ? Participating in the Swayamvar will be a great chance to prove your valor." Karn said.

"What good is the valor that needs a chance to be proven ? Power shows, it doesn't need any proofs." Agnimitra said.

"Chandrapur-naresh and my views are so similar." Shakuni said buttering for support.

"I completely agree on this one. Powerful people need to give no proofs." Duryodhan said. Agnimitra smiled.

"True. And your power is matchless, I heard that you made Magadh-samrat Jarasandh surrender, and were gracious enough to give him the kingdom back." Shakuni said.

"I was also thinking the same, Maharaj if you wanted you could've become King of Magadh, then why did you let such a golden opportunity skip ?" Duryodhan asked.

"My purpose is far greater than ruling a Kingdom which is temporary. Your purpose too should be greater than that Duryodhan. One should try to leave an impression over history." Agnimitra said.

"Truly said." Duryodhan said smiling.

"See, after so many days we have met and all you want to talk about is kingdoms and wars ?" Dusshala said.

As they talked Kalyani felt alone, besides Dusshala no one was there to talk with her, and she didn't wanted to disturb the conversation between family.

"Sakhi ?" Someone called.

Kalyani frowned recognising the similar voice, she turned around and was suprised to see her sakha, Gopal. This time he was not in cowherd attire but in a kingly one.

"Accept the greetings of Dwarikadheesh, Rani Kalyani." He greeted.

"Dwarikadheesh Shri Krishna...." She muttered joining her hands. He chuckled.

"How are you sakhi ?" Krishna asked.

"I have seen you, now I am well sakha." Kalyani said with a sad smile.

"If you are well, then why are you holding back tears ?" Krishna asked.

"Life is hard." Kalyani said, not letting even a single drop escape her eyes.

"But it won't always be like that." Krishna said.

"You have said, now I have hope that everything will be fine." Kalyani said smiling.

"With just my words ?" Krishna asked.

"Yes. Something about you, your presence makes me feel everything will be fine and nothing can go wrong." Kalyani said.

"Well, well, who do we have here ?" Shakuni said coming forward.

"Pranipat Mamashree." Krishna said, causing the smile to fade from Shakuni's face. He nervously chuckled.

"V-vasudev.... Don't take me wrong but being your Mamashree scares me." Shakuni said, Krishna laughed.

"Don't worry Mamashree, through my hand my mama Kans was liberated and attained Salvation. My hands are blessed to work for the well being of others." Krishna said.

Kalyani looked at him and smiled as Krishna went ahead to his seat.

"You know mere bacche, in the entire Aryavart only this man is there with whom we cannot afford enmity." Shakuni said.

"It's nothing like that. He is my enemy." Agnimitra said.

"How ?" Duryodhan asked confused.

"Chandrapur was at war with Yadavas also, I believe." Karn said.

"It was. And this enmity goes way deeper." Agnimitra said looking at Krishna, who was sitting at his seat, smirking at him.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Me at Duryodhan -

Pehle nath bhet kar apmanit kiya aur ab Jijaji Jijaji kar raha hai
😑😑