CHAPTER 19

Kalyani's entire day was spent in the temple, serving Narayan. The rays of setting sun fell on her as she offered flowers to the idol's feet, humming a bhajan.

"Kumari Kalyani ?" A gruff voice called.

She turned her head and saw two soldiers standing outside the temple gate. Kalyani walked up and went towards them.

"How can I help you ?" She asked.

"You have to come with us." The first one said.

"Why ?" Kalyani asked frowning.

"Orders of Maharaj." The second one said.

At that a sense of fear took over Kalyani's heart as she remembered what her parents had said.

"I-I cannot...." Kalyani muttered taking a step back.

"You have no choice. Come willingly or force will be used." The first soldier said.

Kalyani looked at them both nervously and then took a glance back at the idol of Narayan and closed her eyes.

'Protect me prabhu.' She prayed internally.

She opened her eyes and took a deep breath. She turned her gaze back to the soldiers.

"I am ready to go." Kalyani said.

"Follow us." The second soldier said.

The guards started leaving as Kalyani followed them. They reached the place where the camp was set up and both soldiers took her inside a grand tent, belonging to Agnimitra.

Reaching inside her eyes widened seeing her parents on their knees, bound in chains, laying unconscious.

"Welcome Kalyani." A voice said.

She turned her head to the right and saw Agnimitra coming towards her, with a smirk on his face.

"M-Maharaj ? What is this ? What happened to my parents ?" Kalyani asked.

"Oh they are fine. Just unconscious, they will wake up by tomorrow in their Karagraha." Agnimitra said.

"K-Karagrah ? But why ? What have they done ? You must be mistaken sire, they are noble people." Kalyani said.

"It's not very noble to disrespect one's king by disobeying him. It's a punishable crime." Agnimitra said walking towards her.

"What order have they disobeyed ?" Kalyani asked.

She looked at Agnimitra who was standing too close to her, looking at her up and down with a gaze she didn't like.

"What did they do ?" She asked again.

"I asked them for something, they can easily give. It would've been in everyone's favour had they given it to me but they denied out of selfishness." He said.

"Unbelievable ! My parents are not selfish ! What did you ask for ? I shall give it to you but you won't do a thing to my parents." Kalyani said.

"You swear ?" He asked.

"I swear to Narayan." She said. He smirked.

"I want your hand in marriage." Agnimitra said.

At that Kalyani's eyes widened as she backed away as Agnimitra chuckled.

"No....No...." Kalyani muttered as tears brimmed her eyes.

"Because of their selfishness, your parents are here like this..... Now you don't be selfish and make them suffer even more." Agnimitra said.

Tears fell from Kalyani's eyes as she looked at her parents and then at Agnimitra who was smirking. A decision must be taken by her to overcome this dilemma.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

The moment you realise that Padmavija now is of 16 years and Kalyani is 17.....bhatiji ke umar ki ladki hai....🌝🌝🌝🌝

So by this logic what is the age of Agnimitra ? Let's find out.

Padmavati said she knows Agnimitra since he was 13, let us assume it would've taken 3 years for Padmavija to be born and now she is 16....

So 13+3+16 = 32

Agnimitra is 32, so how old would Dusshala be ? Probably in late 20s like 27-28......

How old Padmavati would be ? We can assume she would've gotten married at 20, then 3 years later Padmavija was born and now her daughter is 16

So 20+3+16 = 39

So Padmavati would be 39 years old...
_AnirudhPriyaa_ feeling old ?😂😂