CHAPTER 30

"What mistake did you make that turned Arya so cruel ?" Dusshala asked.

"It was the time when your Pitamah Bhism had defeated Chandrapuri and my husband died. Agnimitra was crowned the King of this Kingdom. Even after humiliation by Kuru-kumar Duryodhan, he didn't want revenge. He was free from the prison of vengeance but I was not." Padmavati said.

- FLASHBACK -

"An offer has come from Hastinapur Bhabhishree, they are willing to resolve our conflicts. They have offered the hand of Kuru-kumari Dusshala to me." Agnimitra said.

"Reject it." Padmavati said.

"But why ? Centuries of bloodshed will come to an end with marriage alliance." Agnimitra said.

"Centuries of sacrifice from our side will go to waste. Don't dishonour your ancestors." Padmavati said.

"How much more blood should be spilled because of petty reasons ? I believe the sacrifice of my ancestors will be honoured, when the future generations will be secured, when they will leave free from the fear of war." Agnimitra said.

"Did you forget the sacrifice of your elder brother ?" Padmavati asked.

"I have not. And I never will. But his sacrifice will be honoured when the kingdom will become secure. Hence I think its best for all, that I accept the marriage alliance." Agnimitra said.

"As your Bhabhishree-" Padmavati was about oppose but Agnimitra raised his hand, gesturing her to stop.

"This is the decision of Chandrapur-naresh for the safety of Chandrapuri. We have enough enemies to deal with, ending one will be in our favor only." Agnimitra said.

Padmavati looked at him and then at the painting of Swargiya Maharaj Agnihotra hanging on the wall, with a flower garland around it, which reminded her of his sacrifice.

She then looked at Agnimitra and nodded, knowing he was adamant in his decision and won't change it.

"I hope you will welcome Rajkumari Dusshala and give her the love and respect of Devrani and Maharani. She shouldn't pay for the enmity of the two Kingdoms." Agnimitra said.

"Fine. You do your duty Maharaj, and I will do mine." Padmavati said.

- FLASHBACK OVER -

"And then he married you Dusshala and brought you here at Chandrapur. I welcomed you with a smile. I was happy to have a devrani, but my mind was still bitter with vengeance." Padmavati said.

"Maharaj Agnimitra was indeed very nice to me till our wedding night. But what happened next morning ? He was a completely changed man.... How come such a drastic change happen overnight Bhabhishree ?" Dusshala asked.

"Remember I had told you that I won't be there for your garbhadhan sanskar because I wanted to do an anushthan for Maharaj Agnihotra's blessings to shower upon you ?" Padmavati asked.

"Yes." Dusshala nodded remembering.

"Well, it wasn't an anushthan for Maharaj Agnihotra....." Padmavati said, suddenly a sense of fear over took her heart, dreading what she was about to say next.

"Then for whom was the anushthan for ?" Kalyani asked.

"Kali-purush." Padmavati said clutching her heart.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

*plays Dhoom tana na na*

So the culprit was Padmavati !

_AnirudhPriyaa_ kuch kehna chahogi ?