CHAPTER 7

Dusshala opened her eyes and saw the side of her bed was empty. She looked at the balcony and saw that the sun had already arisen.

She sat straight up rubbing her eyes, as she streched her arms the sweet memories of last night came in her mind, causing her wrap her arms around herself with a smile. She finally got up from the bed and went to get ready for the day.

On the other side Padmavati was preparing for Ekadashi poojan for the newly weds.

"There shouldn't be even a single wilted flower, this my Devar Ji's first Ekadashi with his wife. Everything should be perfect." Padmavati said.

"Yes, my lady." The servants nodded.

"Mata, why so stressed ?" Padmavija asked coming there.

"I am doing preparation for the first Ekadashi poojan of your Chachashree and Chachishree. And everything has to be perfect, there should be no room for mistakes." Padmavati said.

"Sometimes I think you care about Chachashree more than me." Padmavija joked.

"Dear, he is no less than my son. I have raised him since he was 13." Padmavati said with a smile.

"I know, I know. You both are the best and sweetest Bhabhi-Devar in the entire Aryavart." Padmavija chuckled.

"Enough of rambling putri, I have too much work today. Did you inform your Chachashree to attend the poojan ?" Padmavati asked.

"Yes Mata I did." Padmavija nodded.

"Good. Now can you go and supervise  the cooks to make Mahaprasad ?" Padmavati asked.

"Definitely mother !" Padmavija nodded and left.

By then Dusshala came there and saw the entire hall was bustling.

"Pranipat Bhabhishree." Dusshala greeted touching her feet.

"Kalyanamstu dear." Padmavati blessed smiling.

"Bhabhishree, what is all this for ?" Dusshala asked.

"Today is Ekadashi dear and I wish for you and Agnimitra to offer prayers to Narayan and start your married life with all auspiciousness." Padmavati said.

"As you say." Dusshala nodded.

"Good, now Agnimitra shall come anytime soon. By then Dusshala you may sit down." Padmavati said.

Dusshala smiled nodding at her and then went to sit down on aasan in front of Narayan's idol, waiting for her husband to show up.

But he didn't. It's been quite a while and Agnimitra should've come by now but he didn't come. It shouldn't take him that long to take get ready for the day.

Padmavati sent a maid to call him again, but she returned with an unfavorable answer.

"My lady, the guards of Maharaj's bhavan are saying that he has asked no one to enter." The maid said.

Both Dusshala and Padmavati frowned at that.

"I'll go and check." Dusshala said getting up.

"I shall also come." Padmavati said.

Both of them went to the bhavan of Agnimitra, the guards couldn't stop them as per royal protocols and thus let them pass.

The ladies went straight to the room of Agnimitra which was closed. Padmavati pushed opened the door and both went inside.

Seeing the scene in front of their eyes, both of them became pale, especially Dusshala. Her breath hitched, heart skipped a beat, it seemed her entire world collapsed in a moment.

"MAHARAJ !" She screamed.

Causing Agnimitra to sit up along the women he was sleeping with.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

*Plays Dhoom tana nana*