CHAPTER 35

Agnimitra sobbed in the embrace of Dusshala, as Padmavati looked at him with guilty expression. She kept her hand on his shoulder, making him look at her.

"Bhabhishree, forgive me for disrespecting you in these days." Agnimitra said.

"No... You're putting me to shame. Everything in my fault, it was my desire for vengeance that lead to all this. Forgive me Agnimitra, I had forgotten that whatever my devar is like, he is perfect. Forgive me." Padmavati sobbed joining her hands.

"You're in place of my mother Bhabhishree, raise your hand for blessings not for seeking forgiveness." Agnimitra said holding her hands.

He then looked at Kalyani and then lowered his gaze.

"I-I don't have the courage to even look at you Kalyani, for the horrible things I have done. But thank you for saving my soul." Agnimitra said.

"Don't apologise Maharaj, it was my duty to save an innocent soul like you." Kalyani said.

"I am no innocent, grave crimes have been committed by me, by these hands." Agnimitra said.

"Grave crimes committed by your hands but not you." Ved Vyas said.

Agnimitra looked at him confused as Ved Vyas smiled at him, keeping a hand over his head.

"Whatever sins that were committed were not done by you. It was committed by Kali-purush, infact you tried your best to fight him, and hence the honor of Kalyani was saved. You are a punayatma Agnimitra, always have been and always will be." Ved Vyas assured.

Agnimitra joined his hands in front of Ved Vyas as the latter smiled.

"My work here is done. Now I should be on my way." Ved Vyas said.

"Allow me to escort you, prabhu." Padmavati said.

Ved Vyas nodded and walked outside as Padmavati followed him behind.

"D-Dusshala.... Where is Padmavija ?" Agnimitra asked.

"She is resting in her room. The Raj-vaid has treated her wounds." Dusshala said.

"Take me to her please." Agnimitra said.

He got up weakly as she supported him to stand up straight. Both of them went out the room as Kalyani looked at them with a smile.

"Thank you sakha..." Kalyani muttered joining her hands.

On the otherside Padmavija was looking outside the room, looking outside the window. She wasn't able to sleep today, after hearing the truth of Padmavati and getting stabbed by Agnimitra.

More than wound it was the words that she had said and thought for Agnimitra pained her.

'How can I not come to know that Chachashree was not like this ?' Padmavija thought.

Suddenly the door of her room opened, and Dusshala entered with Agnimitra. Both uncle and niece looked at each other and got emotional.

"Padmavija...." He muttered.

With such affection in his voice, Padmavija came to know that it was her Chachashree only and not Kali-purush.

"Chachashree..." Her voice broke calling him.

He sprinted towards her and embraced her. Padmavija cried in his embrace, it was after a long time he had hugged her. After the death of her father Agnihotra, it was Agnimitra with whom she could confine to.

Her Chachashree never let her feel the absence of her father and she cursed him only when he was suffering.

"I am so sorry Chachashree.... I thought you were wrong, I thought you were evil. Please forgive me." Padmavija said.

"It is you who needs to forgive me child, I have caused you pain. Forgive this unfortunate Chacha of yours." Agnimitra said caressing her head.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Such a good character Agnimitra is.... Unecessary hate he got..... Everyone wanted to kill him, I repeatedly said not to speak like that....