CHAPTER 20

With the darkness of night came a news in the palace, a news that made everyone bustling. Maharaj Agnimitra would be coming with a new wife.

Everyone was in shock hearing the news especially Dusshala, while Padmavati was more worried about the vadhu, afraid that again the new honour of Pushyakul would be tainted by Agnimitra once more, like Dusshala.

Right now all were at the threshold of the palace, Dusshala had a plate of Aarti in her hand because as the Patrani she has to welcome new vadhu.

With shehnai and showering of flowers, Agnimitra along with his army returned. He was mounted on his horse and in front of him was sitting his wife, Kalyani.

She was remained frozen with grief, didn't say anything nor did she look at anyone. Agnimitra got down from the horse and them grabbed her waist, making her come down too but she didn't react even a little.

He kept his arm around on Kalyani's shoulders, and started walking taking her with him as well to the threshold of the palace.

As Dusshala, Padmavati and Padmavija saw Kalyani their eyes widened but they didn't say anything. Her gaze were low, face was tear-stained, it seemed as though sindoor was forcefully smeared on her forehead.

The flowers were falling from the garland around her neck, her clothes were disheveled, and so were her unkempt hair. It was cleared that this was a forced.

"Welcome us Dusshala." Agnimitra said pulling her out of her thoughts.

Dusshala nodded and puts a tilak on his forehead and then on Kalyani's forehead, whose gaze were still stuck on the floor.

"Come Kalyani." Agnimitra said.

He was about to take her but Padmavati came in between to stop them, knowing Agnimitra's intensions.

"Agnimitra, where are you going ? The post-marriage rituals are left." Padmavati said.

"Do we really need them ?" Agnimitra asked.

"Yes. Traditions must be followed. It is the norm of Pushyakul and you being Pushya-samrat must follow this." Padmavati said.

"No need for it." Agnimitra said.

"But the traditions ?" Padmavati asked.

"Are meant to be broken." He said.

"But only when you need to..... Traditions shouldn't be broken without any reasonable cause." Dusshala said.

"Is the wish of a King not reasonable enough ?" Agnimitra asked.

"I didn't mean that, it's just..... The gods should bless you and your new wife." Dusshala said.

"My marriage with Kalyani is not interdependent upon the blessings of God. Now excuse us." Agnimitra said.

"Chachashree, give us sometime to get to know the new member of the family. Come with me." Padmavija said grabbing the hand.

"Padmavija ?!" Agnimitra exclaimed.

"She is right. Let us get to know her." Padmavati said and hurriedly left with Dusshala.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

So finally Dusshala (Haldhar_Hridaya) and Kalyani (MisticaDove) are under the same roof..... Let's see how it goes....