The Spirit of Competition

Elira watched from the sidelines as the Ferrets trained in the gym. Korra was handling a water blob splitting it in two, and rapidly launched each smaller bullet in a different direction.

Bolin raised an earth disk and as the water blob Korra launched at him struck the disk, he was shoved slightly backward by the impact. 

Mako moved back and twisted around, vaporizing the incoming blob with a fire arc. He immediately retaliated with two fire punches. 

 Bolin's earth disk was pulverized by the fire attack as Korra aimed another rapid water blast at Mako, who jumped over it, while Bolin launched an earth disk at Korra, forcing her to shield herself with water from a nearby tank. 

Mako fired a blast at each of his teammates, which both of them blocked with their respective elements.

 A second fire blast hit Bolin square in the stomach, flinging him backwards. As he fell, he raised and launched a last earth disk, hitting Korra in the stomach as she directed another water blob away. 

 Korra's water attack hit Mako straight in the face, flinging him to the ground several meters from where he was standing. 

The group sat there for a moment before Elira let out a snort, covering her mouth and they all burst out laughing. 

 " It's been great having you at so many back-to-back practices, Korra." Mako smiled as he stood up, taking off his helmet and resting his hand on his hip.

"Feels good to be back, although Tarrlok isn't too happy about my leave of absence," Korra replied, also taking off her helmet 

"Who cares what he thinks" Elira scoffed, scratching under Pabu's chin making the fire ferret purr. 

"Yeah, you joined the Fire Ferrets before you joined his task force," Bolin added 

"Okay, come on, team huddle time!" Mako announced "You too, El" 

The teens huddled up, placing their heads together and Elira smiled at Bolin. Her stomach twisted once again when he turned to Korra with a flirty grin. Korra returned the smile awkwardly before turning to Mako. 

"It's our first match of the tournament tonight. I know the three of us haven't been a team for very long, but even so, the Fire Ferrets have never been this good. Are we ready?" The firebender grinned

"We're ready!" 

"Not quite. You'll need these" The teen looked up and saw Asami smiling at them holding up a uniform with the Future Industries logo on it 

"Hey, Asami." Mako smiled, walking over to his girlfriend while Korra just looked annoyed 

"Good morning, sweetie. El, we had one made for you too. Seeing as you're the Fire Ferrets cheerleader" Asami reached into the cart and pulled out a top similar to the uniform. 

"Asami, that looks awesome!" Elira grinned

"Yeah, these new uniforms look great!" Mako added taking the uniform

"You look great, champ!" Mako and Asami Eskimo kissed 

Elira smiled, happy for them as Bolin looked with a "Really?" expression, and Korra openly showed her disgust. She quickly acted normal when Mako turned around. 

"Well, teammates, I'll see you before the match tonight. Asami and I have a lunch date." Mako and Asami began walking out of the gym with the uniforms 

"Okay, we'll check you guys later, you know, we'll see you when we see ya." Bolin waved

"Have fun!" Elira grinned, also waving.