Night Of A Thousand Stars Pt 1

Back at the Eastern Temple, Ikki was laughing and riding on an air scooter near her mother and Meelo but stopped and looked up when Oogi came in for a landing.

"Dad's back!" Meelo grinned 

Oogi landed and Pema walked over with a bunch of flowers in her hand. She looked around and frowned in confusion. 

"Where's Jinora?" She asked 

With a sombre look, Tenzin stood up with Jinora's inanimate body in his arms. 

"No!" Pema gasped, dropping her flowers and rushing towards her husband.

"Her spirit is trapped in the Spirit World, but she's going to be all right," Tenzin said, handing Jinora to her mother. 

"How could this happen?" Pema cried, kneeling on the floor holding her daughter close. 

"It was all my fault. I should have never let Jinora enter the Spirit World without me. I couldn't protect her." Tenzin lowered his head in shame. 

"I'm so sorry, Pema. I tried to save her, but Unalaq tricked me." Korra explained 

"Don't worry, honey, I'm not going to stop until our little girl is back safe with us," Tenzin promised, rubbing the back of his hand along Jinora's cheek. 

*

Back in Republic City, Bolin was on Varrick's yacht making his way to the man's office. He needed to know what these strange feelings were about. He was probably sick or something. He knocked and waited before Zhu Li opened the door and let him in. 

"Hey, Bolin! Come on in, kid" Varrick grinned, sat in his office chair. "What can I do you for?" 

"Actually, I need some advice" Bolin stepped further into the room as Zhu Li shut the door. 

Varrick perked up, interested "Oh? What kind of advice?" 

"Well, the thing is that for a while now, I keep getting this weird feeling in my stomach. But it's only whenever I see El with Tahno, being all friendly and laughing and stuff." Bolin explained

Varrick hummed and smirked "Kid, this feeling, would you describe it as a burning ache in the pit of your stomach?"

"Yes! That's exactly what it is!" Bolin exclaimed, "What? Am I sick or something?"

Varrick just laughed, getting up from his chair "You're not sick! You're jealous!"

Bolin looked shocked "Jealous?! Why would I be jealous of El and Tahno? I have Ginger. If El wants to date Tahno, who am I to stop her. So long as she's happy" 

Varrick sighed and wrapped his arm around the earthbender "Bolin, let me ask you something. When you're with El, have you ever gotten this feeling, where it's warm and comforting but also feels like you wanna upchuck at the same time?" 

Bolin went silent for a moment. The night under the stars and walking in on her singing. 

"Yeah...I think I have" He muttered, "What does it mean?" 

"Bolin, kid..." Varrick placed both hands on Bolin's shoulders, looking at him seriously 

"You're in love!"  

Bolin looked shocked and confused "What?" 

"You're in love with El!" 

"No, I'm not, Varrick, I'm with Ginger!" 

Varrick face-palmed. How could this boy be so dense? 

"But I think you're right about the jealousy part" Bolin continued "I mean, for years the only person I've really had to "share her with" is her family since we were friends with the same people, so it didn't make much of a difference. I guess I'm just missing my best friend. Thanks, Varrick"