The Southern Lights

"There it is, the Southern Air Temple. Isn't it magnificent?" Tenzin announced as Oogie flew over a mountain range, seeing the temple in the distance. 

 "It most certainly is" Zira smiled, not being able to help the feeling of nostalgia that washed over her. It was just like she remembered. 

"How long has it been, Mom?" Ursa asked 

" Over 18 years" Zira looked down slightly, fiddling with her bracelet "My, how time does fly" 

As Tenzin landed Oogie, three Acolytes walked towards them, two of them carrying a large case.

"Master Tenzin, Lady Azira, welcome!" One of them greeted, smiling as the family dismounted. 

"Good to see you again, Abbot Shung" Tenzin bowed as did Pema and Azira. 

"Is there anything you need? Water? Dandelion greens? Ahh, perhaps you'd like to recenter yourself by meditating in the gardens?" Shung offered 

"No thank you, I'm fine." Tenzin refused 

"And you, my lady?" Shung looked at Azira "It has been quite a while since you were here, but I do remember you always prefer to visit the sanctuary when you arrive" 

Zira smiled and shook her head "I'm alright for now, I'll visit it a little bit later, thankyou. Right now, I just want to get settled" 

"Of course, my lady" Shung then tuned to Pema "And you must be the honourable Pema! Please, accept these gifts" 

Shung reached into the case, and pulled out an odd contraption, which he then handed to Tenzin "This is an ancient airbender head shaver we've refurbished just for you" 

"Oh... Okay?" Tenzin looked unsure of how to respond.

"And Pema and Azira! These flowers once filled the mountainside! Now, they can brighten up your rooms" Shung handed the women two massive bouquets.

The bouquets were so large that Zira nearly toppled over. "Oh! Thank you, that's ... sweet?" 

" Y-you didn't have to" Pema added, her face covered by the flowers. 

"Nonsense! Whatever you need is yours. Anything for the mother of the next generation of airbenders." Shung smiled over to where an Acolyte woman was handing Jinora a book

Ikki however snatched it "No! That gift is mine!" 

"You don't even like to read!" Jinora scowled 

"Eeeh!" Ikki stuck her tongue out at her sister 

 "Yep, those are the world's next generation of airbenders" Pema smiled in embarrassment "Most of them anyway" 

"Yes, I was wondering. Where is Master Elira today?" Shung asked 

"She's in the South Pole, helping Avatar Korra" Tenzin replied 

"I see. I'm sorry, but I must ask, have you found any promising suitors for her yet?" Shung inquired

The trio's eyes widened as they all shared a glance. 

"A little early to be thinking about that isn't it? She's only just turned 18" Pema replied 

"The sooner the better I say! She's the future of the Air Nation after all" Shung smiled 

Pema and Tenzin shared another look before Meelo suddenly appeared from behind the three Acolytes and jumped on the abbot's back, a lemur in his hands.

"Mommy, Daddy, Gran-Gran, look! I finally got a lemur! Just like El! I'm gonna name him Poki!" The boy grinned excitedly, but the lemur then wiggled out of his hands and flew away.