A Breath of Fresh Air

Two weeks after Korra's epic battle with UnaVaatu and Republic City was still recovering. Vines had sprouted up all over, creating pockets of wilds the spirits had now come to call home. On Air Temple Island, everything was pretty much the same... Well, almost everything. Spirit vines had taken over Bolin and Mako's apartment. So while Mako was fine staying at the police station (despite El arguing that underneath his desk was no place to sleep), Bolin had moved into the temple with El and her family, and the new couple could not have been happier with the arrangement.

Nothing much had really changed between the best friends turned lovers since returning from the Spirit World. They still acted childishly, goofing off whenever they got the chance. The only real difference was that they were now free to be more touchy with each other (Not that they weren't before). Of course, they kept most things for when they were in private, but around others, they were always connected in some way. Whether that be holding hands under the dinner table or Bolin wrapping his arm around El's shoulder as they walked.

While Meelo always stuck out his tongue in disgust whenever the couple showed each other affection, Jinora and Ikki, however, found the whole thing adorable. Ikki even declared that Bolin was El's fairy tale prince. But that's not to say that the kids didn't manage to corner the poor earthbender at one point without El knowing. They warned him that if he hurt their big sister, there wasn't anywhere he could run or hide that they wouldn't find him.

As of right now, the duo were in El's bedroom (even though Tenzin had forbidden Bolin from going in there). A pillow flew through the air and Bolin ducked in time before it hit him in the face.

"Take that!" He laughed and threw the pillow back at El, standing on her bed holding another in her hands. The airbender jumped over it with a smirk.

"Missed me!" She taunted, sticking her tongue out at her boyfriend.

Bolin smirked and went to grab the girl, who simply flipped over his shoulder, landing elegantly behind him as he fell on the bed with a thump.

"Missed me again", She laughed, pushing her hair out of her face

"That's it!"

Elira laughed as Bolin dove for her again, jumping out of the way and dashing out the door into the hallway, Bolin hot on her tail. Running down the corridor, the two circled around Zira for a moment as she was walking before sprinting off again, laughing loudly. The old woman just shook her head, smiling in amusement. As Bolin continued to chase El through the house, they shot passed Pema carrying Rohan in her arms.

"Elira, Bolin! No running in the house!" She scolded Rohan babbling and giggling.

"Sorry, Mom!" El called over her shoulder before heading outside with Bolin still chasing her.

Running into the courtyard, where Ikki and Meelo were playing with Pabu and Pichi, Bolin finally caught up with his girlfriend.

"Gotcha, airhead!" He grabbed her around the waist, trapping her in his arms as she squealed.

"Ikki, Meelo, help me!" El laughed

The kids grinned and got up, grabbing onto Bolin's arms and laughing as they tried to free their sister. They then squealed as Bolin grabbed them, trapping them in his arms along with El and spun them around.

"Oh going down!" Bolin lost his footing and fell backwards, bringing El and the kids with him.

They landed in a heap on the ground laughing even harder as Pabu and Pichi jumped into the pile. But their fun was suddenly interrupted when Bumi came running toward them, panting and sweating.

"Um, you okay Uncle Bumi?" El asked as they all sat up

"You're not gonna believe what just happened. Where's your father?"