Rebirth Pt. 2

The team soon reached the next town where another new airbender lived. Korra knocked on the door and a few seconds later it slid open to reveal a middle-aged woman who gasped in excitement.

"Oh, are you the Avatar? And you're Master Elira? Come in, come in" The woman quickly invited the Krew into her home, the team happily walking in.

"When my son got airbending, my husband and I were so happy. We thought this could open a lot of doors for him, maybe he could finally move out of the basement" The woman nudged Korra before laughing.

"How old is he?" She asked, chuckling along with the woman.

"He's twenty-two, and you know, still just to figuring his life out." The woman replied

"Well, we have a great opportunity for him. We're looking for airbenders to join us at the Northern Air Temple." El informed

"Ah, that sounds wonderful! I'll get him" The woman squealed in delight before yelling aggressively down the stairs "Ryu! Get up here!"

The Krew gave each other hopeful thumbs up, before Ryu entered the living room, with his hands in his pockets, looking bored.

"Hi, I'm Korra, this is Elira" Korra held her hand out to him as El waved with a kind smile.

"So you're like the Avatar or something. Big deal." Ryu rudely ignored Korra's hand, looking away.

Korra and El exchanged an awkward glance. Was this guy for real?

"Uh, we just wanted to talk to you about an opportunity" El stated

"Yeah, I heard you talking to my mom, and I'm not interested" Ryu rolled his eyes, going to walk away.

"Well, you're gonna be interested." Korra snapped, finally losing her patience

She grabbed Ryu by the collar, airbent a chair out from under a table, and threw the young man into it.

"You're an airbender now and you have a responsibility as a citizen of the world." Korra slammed her hand down on the table.

"Whatever. I didn't ask to become an airbender, you know." Ryu continued to look away, looking disinterested

"Well, I didn't ask to be the Avatar, but I am, and I'm fulfilling my duties." Korra scoffed

"So? You don't have to."

"Yes, I do have to."

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do!"

"...No, you don't."

Korra sighed in frustration "Well, if I didn't embrace my role, then our entire world could be thrown into chaos. Think about that! Is that what you want?"

"Maybe"

"No, it's not!" Korra yelled

"So what? Who cares?"

"Everyone cares!"

"I don't care."

" Yes, you do!" Korra slammed the table again

"...No, I don't."

"Well, you're about to care, you little slacker, because you're coming with me!" Korra grabbed Ryu by the collar and started trying to drag him out of the house as her friends watched in shock.

" Stop pulling on my collar! You're stretching it out! Mom, are you just gonna let her take me?!" Ryu held onto the doorframe, refusing to go outside.

"I think it's a great opportunity. Just try it for a week and see how it goes." Ryu's mother smiled, trying to push her son out of the house.