And The Winner Is...

The day of the pro-bending finals had arrived! The Ferrets had been in the gym every day, training harder than ever to be ready for the biggest match of their lives. They were currently using pictures of the Wolfbats waterbender, Tahno as targets while Elira sat in the corner listening to the radio and writing something in a notebook. Pabu lay beside the radio asleep, while Pichi was next to him grooming herself. 

"You're listening to "The Music Hour"!" Brought to you by Cabbage Corp, Republic City's trusted name in technology for over fifty years" 

"Man, I got a good feeling about tonight. I don't care if we are the underdogs. We can take those pompous Wolfbats" Korra declared in an upbeat tone while picking up a towel. 

" It's going to be our toughest match ever, but I think you're right," Mako replied, taking off his helmet 

" Introducing your new champs, the fantastic Fire Ferrets!" Bolin hugged his brother, imitating an announcer 

Elira giggled and whooped from her seat but then turned to the radio confused when it started to broadcast static. 

"What the..." She began to mess with the dial, trying to bring back the music station, but stopped and stared frightened when a haunting voice echoed out of the machine. 

"Good morning, citizens of Republic City. This is Amon"  Pabu squeaked, waking up, and Pichi screeched, both running away from the radio. Elira stood and backed away from the machine as Amon continued talking. 

"I hope you all enjoyed last night's pro-bending match because it will be the last" Mako and Bolin came to Elira's side and Bolin took her hand comfortingly, seeing the nervous expression on his friend sends face. 

"It's time for this city to stop worshipping bending athletes as if they were heroes. I am calling on the council to shut down the bending arena and cancel the finals, or else there will be severe consequences" The teens glanced at each other as the radio went static again before falling silent.

"That guy's got some nerve." Bolin frowned 

"You think the council will give in?" Mako asked 

"I don't know" Elira muttered 

"I'm not waiting to find out. We need to get to City Hall." Korra declared 

*

The Fire Ferrets rode up to City Hall on Naga while Elira was flying above them with her glider. They stormed inside the building and Korra pushed the doors open to the meeting room, seeing all the representatives sat at their usual table. 

Tenzin stood up when they entered " Korra, you shouldn't be here. This is a closed meeting" 

"As the Avatar and a pro-bending player, I have a right to be heard. You can't cancel the finals." She declared as she and the others walked forward. 

"I know winning the championship means a lot to you. But as far as I'm concerned, we need to shut the arena down" Tenzin replied 

"What about the rest of you? Tarrlok, there's no way you're backing down from Amon, right?" Korra questioned 

"Actually, Tenzin and I agree for once" Tarrlok stood from his seat. 

"That's a first" Elira muttered, crossing her arms 

"The council is unanimous. We're closing the arena." Tenzin announced 

"No!/You can't!/ Dad, please!" Elira and the boys yelled 

" I-I don't understand. I thought you, of all people, would take a stand against Amon" Korra said, looking at Tarrlok

"While I am still committed to bringing that lunatic to justice, I will not put innocent lives at stake just so you and your friends can play a game." The councilman sneered