Long Live The Queen

A truck drove along a desert road. Zaheer was driving with P'Li sitting beside him in front. In the back, Ghazan and Ming-Hua were seated on a bench, looking at Elira and the brothers tied up together on the floor. The boys were tied up, back to back, while Elira was tied up alone, sitting against the wall. 

"If you think holding us hostage will give you some leverage against the Avatar, you're gonna be very disappointed." Mako snapped at their captors. 

"Can't we just enjoy our time together in silence?" Ming-Hau glared

"And why did you need Korra alive back in Zaofu? You had her paralyzed. Why didn't you just take her out when you had the chance?" 

"Look, all you need to know is that the world is about to change. For the better." Ghazan said 

"So you guys were like locked up for fifteen years, huh?" Bolin asked 

"That must've been like super boring. I can't even stand being grounded a couple of weeks, let alone fifteen years," Elira added, nonchalantly taking her arms out of the ropes meant to be retraining her.  

"Actually, it was only thirteen years. But it felt like thirty." Ghazan corrected 

"I mean, what did you do with all that time? Did you sing songs, work on crafts?" Bolin asked 

"Not a lot of craft supplies in a volcanic prison cell," Ming-Hau replied 

"And I must've renamed the constellations about a thousand times. When it rained, that was a big event." Ghazan added 

Ming-Hau sighed. "I would've killed for some rain. Mostly, I just made up stories about the guards: who was having trouble with his girlfriend, which one secretly wished he'd become a pastry chef." 

"Ooh, that actually sounds like fun", Elira grinned.

"Yeah, let me try that on you guys" Bolin smiled and turned to Ghazan."You were raised by an older sister, your moustache grew in when you were ten, and I'm sensing - just sensing - an unspoken attraction between you two." 

Ming-Hua and Ghazan glanced at each other awkwardly. Ming-Hua gave Ghazan a sulking look and turned away, surprising the lavabender. 

"Two out of three. Not bad." Ghazan smiled at Bolin

"Wait, what? Which one did he get wrong?" Elira questioned curiously. 

"My moustache grew in when I was twelve," Ghazan smirked, pointing to his facial hair, making the airbender smile. 

"Bolin, El, would you two stop making friends with the bad guys?" Mako scowled at them

"Sorry" Bolin frowned 

"We're just making conversation", Elira added

"Ghazan, gag those three", Zaheer called from the front " We're almost there." 

Elira craned her neck to be able to look out of the front window. The looming structure of the Ba Sing Se wall was getting nearer and nearer. 

*

Inside the palace, the Earth Queen sat on her throne with her usual scowl. 

"When is the Avatar scheduled for delivery?" She demanded 

"The airship already left Fort Bosco and should be arriving in a few hours," Gun explained 

The queen smirked. "Excellent. Bring it to me as soon as it lands." 

"Yes, Your Majesty. But first, there are some ... people here who captured three of the Avatar's friends. They would like to present them to you personally." Gun said