Old Wounds

The next morning, the Krew and Suyin's family were sitting once again in the dining hall for breakfast. However, Lin was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, has anyone seen Chief Beifong?" Mako asked

"I think she's still sulking in her room." Korra glared at her food.

Apparently last night, Korra brought Opal to talk to Lin to try and get the woman to stop being so salty and moody but it only resulted in Lin yelling at Opal to get out.

"I know she has a problem with me, but she had no right to yell at Opal last night" Su scowled as Wei and Wing ran into the room

" All set for your power disc game, guys?" Su asked her sons, Wei taking a few pieces of fruit from a basket on the table.

"Yeah, all set to kick Wei's butt", Wing smirked, snatching an apple from his brother and taking a bite

"I wanna power disc your face" Wei smacked Wing in the stomach, causing him to choke on the apple.

" You should go play with us." Wei then turned to Korra

"Oh, I don't think I'd be much competition since I can't metalbend", She replied

"Really. Lin never offered to train you?" Su asked

"Nope. And I guessed I never thought to bring it up because I was learning to airbend, then there was the pro-bending, then I got tied up fighting Equalists. It was a busy few months."

"Well, it's probably for the best. I'm sure Lin would be a horrible teacher," Su chuckled, as did Korra " As the Avatar, you should have mastery over all the elements. I'd be happy to show you the basics."

"Really? That would be great!" Korra grinned

"You should try it, too" Opal smiled at Bolin, causing him to freeze

"Uh," He shared a knowing look with Elira. "Nah. I'm more of an Earth guy. The dirt, rocks, y'know, maybe some light gravel. That's kinda where my heart is."

El took his hand comfortingly. Truth was, Bolin had tried metalbending before. Multiple times he had tried but failed.

"Okay, Earth Guy. Well, let me know if you change your mind." Su smiled before suddenly her necklace began to be pulled off and all the cutlery on the table began shaking.

The cutlery then flew off the table, causing everyone to duck for cover as it flew and stuck to someone wearing a metal suit. The person in the suit removed the helmet cover, revealing it to be Varrick.

"It worked! Zhu Li, mark it down. Magnet suit test successful" He grinned as the others peered over the table "Power down"

Zhu Li unplugged the suit, causing everything to drop to the floor with a crash.

"On to phase two: Zhu Li cleans up this mess", Varrick declared and sauntered off as Zhu Li hung her head in disappointment.

*

Later, Su and Korra were walking through a garden with a number of meteorites on pedestals.

"These meteorites are perfect for beginning metalbenders" Su explained, stopping near one of the pedestals "The metals have a unique property, making them easier to bend."

She broke off a piece of the meteorite, which she slowly bent down to her hand before morphing into a star shape, followed by a diamond.

"That's amazing!" Korra smiled

"Here, try it!" Su tossed her the meteorite.

"Okay," Korra concentrated for a while but the meteorite remained in its original shape.