The Metal Clan

The team had stopped in an open field for a bit and Elira was stood with  Bolin and Lin, watching Korra playing fetch with Naga. She giggled when Naga jumped up and caught a ball with her mouth before running back over to Korra, dropping it in front of her. Korra airbent the ball away and Naga took off after it again. 

"While you're playing fetch, four of the most dangerous criminals are hunting you down. We should get moving." Lin scowled, crossing her arms. 

"Relax, Lin, we just got here." El smiled, Pichi perched on her shoulder. 

" Besides, no one knows where I am except us" Korra added, petting Naga as she returned. 

She dropped the ball and looked at Lin expectantly, wagging her tail and whining slightly. 

"I think she wants you to throw it for her." Korra smiled 

 Lin glanced down at the saliva and grass-coated ball as Naga continued to whine. "I'll pass, thanks" 

"We just got a call from the radio about another airbender," Asami announced, walking up to them with Mako 

"Finally! Where are they?" Elira grinned in excitement 

"A city called Zaofu, the home of the Metal Clan" Mako explained and the whole group noticed that Lin had visibly become uncomfortable

"You know the place?" Korra asked 

"Uhh ... Never been there." Lin looked off to the side uneasily " But I don't want you going there. I would rest a lot easier if you were back at Republic City." 

"Sorry, if there's an airbender in Zaofu, then that's where we are going next." Korra walked passed the metalbender with the others following behind her. 

Lin just glared to the side and put her head down in disappointment. 

*

A few hours later,  the airship was flying through the clouds and when they passed they revealed the city of Zaofu in the distance. It was beautiful.  A huge gleaming city made entirely out of metal in the shape of a lotus flower is seen with smaller metal flowers around the city too.

"Wow! Wow! Wow!" Bolin gasped in amazement from where he and the others were watching out of the dashboard window of the ship "An entire city made of metal! Woohoo" 

"It's amazing! You should feel right at home, Lin" Elira grinned over her shoulder at the chief of police seated on a bench far away from the windows with her arms crossed with Naga, Pichi and Pabu near her.

"Hmm ..." Was her only response 

Elira frowned and shared a look with Korra. What was wrong with Lin? 

The police airship proceeded to land at one of the stations controlled by metalbenders. A metalbender used and bent a string of cable out of the crane and it loops itself around a hook under the airship to connect the metal cable to the airship. Two other metalbenders subsequently bent and built an intricate stairway for the airship's passengers. 

"Yeah!" Bolin and El ran towards the exit excitedly while the rest of Team Avatar followed behind them calmly. Lin, however, was still slumped in her seat, uninterested.

" Aren't you coming?" Asami asked her 

"What's there to see? It's metal. Big whoop. Just find the airbender and let's get moving. Don't tell anyone I'm here." She ordered 

"Why not?" El wondered, standing by the open door with Bolin 

"I don't need to explain myself to you. Just do what I say." Lin snapped