In Harms Way Pt.1

"I'll never serve a spoilt selfish witch like her!" Elira snapped at the Dai Li agents 

"You will" 

The door then slid shut, leaving them all in darkness. 

"Elira? Is that you?" 

"Kai?" El whirled around, squinting her eyes as they adjusted to the darkness and she spotted the boy sitting amongst the group of people. 

 "Kai! Thank God. Are you okay?"She sprung forward, hugging the boy tightly "What happened? Where're Bolin and Mako?" 

"I...kinda left them on a train to the lower ring" Kai smiled sheepishly 

"Kai" Elira sighed, but she was relieved she now knew where the boys were. Sorta. 

"Um, excuse me, miss?  Your name is Elira? As in Master Elira, Avatar Aang's granddaughter?" A man asked hesitantly 

Elira smiled at him, thought douted he could see it with how dimly lit the room was "I am" 

The others all began to mutter and whisper. 

"What are you doing here?" A girl asked 

"Well, I was looking for you. I had a feeling that witch--I mean the Queen--was keeping you somewhere" Elira explained, standing up and addressing all of the airbenders "But don't worry, Avatar Korra and my family are all still out there. I'm sure that once they realise what's going on, they'll come to rescue us, I promise"

"But what do we do right now?" Kai questioned, looking scared. 

"For now, we sit tight. My father always said that patience was a virtue. And that's exactly what we need right now. Patience" El put a hand on his shoulder, smirking at him "But who's to say we can't have a little fun while we wait?" 

Kai looked up at her, confused by what she meant. 

*

Outside of P'Li's secret prison, Azula and Shai stood with Tonraq and the twins waiting for Zuko to return. Finally, they heard Druk roar and the dragon landed on the ground in front of them with a thump. 

"Did you see Zaheer?" Tonraq asked 

"The only thing I saw was a snowstorm heading our way," Zuko explained, pointing to a large cloud of snow heading towards them. 

"That's not a snowstorm, brother" Azula narrowed her eyes " That's him." 

"Well, then why don't we give them a nice warm welcome?" Shai smirked and the group started running towards the snowstorm. 

As they neared, a snowcat jumped out, Ghazan driving and Zaheer and Ming-Hua jumped off running to meet the group. 

"I put you away once, Zaheer, and I'm going to do it again!" Tonraq yelled, waterbending a punch and an ice block at Zaheer, but he dodged both attacks easily. 

Shai sent a fire blast at Zaheer as Zuko and Azula went for Ghazan in the snowcat. 

Zaheer nimbly flipped to the side, avoiding the fire before bending back and dodging a water strick from Tonraq. 

Before the two men could attack again, Zaheer pulled them both off their feet with a swipe of air. 

Desna and Eska attacked Ming-Hua with multiple ice shards at a rapid pace, which she dodged.

 The twins then created a field of iceberg spikes, but Ming-Hua manoeuvred through them with her water arms. 

Landing behind the twins, she quickly froze the pair in ice blocks before jumping up and using her waterbending to create an ice drill, breaking through the ground.